News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

ppete1975

I wouldn’t mind if they waited and went back to the drawing board on this Pavilion. Most of it looked like Wii era tech. I have that at home, with none of the extra germs!
i dont think it was aimed at us, i think it was aimed at the very little or the people who just want instagram pics. The small human area is prob needed, i noticed in the redo plans for epcot outside of the pavillion they tried to add more all ages or child areas.

HauntedMansionFLA

i dont think it was aimed at us, i think it was aimed at the very little or the people who just want instagram pics. The small human area is prob needed, i noticed in the redo plans for epcot outside of the pavillion they tried to add more all ages or child areas.
It could always go back to being a festival center. Just a better layout than before.

ppete1975

It could always go back to being a festival center. Just a better layout than before.
but you have that ginormous hideous one in world showcase....
I think it will eat people if it ever opens... and that in theory adds to the illusion of less crowds. Unless more people go to see the attraction. Which is why im a fan of a-c attractions. Its not going to long term make people come to the park (after the crush of i have to get my youtube update and insta gram pics, and ride something new).... but when people are at the park, gives them something to do, so spreads out the people without bringing in more people.

Although one thing that has come from covid... is that people are noticing how much fast pass hurts wait times.

ToTBellHop

i think they will fix the outside just for upkeep to prevent leaks etc. But i cant see them spending much money or resources, this is the ultimate high touch, covid spread environment that they are avoiding. And who knows what the future for that type of environment holds.
we may never go back to that style of entertainment
we might get a vaccine and in a year some things return
or eventually the world gets used to the new norm and you get things wiped down between guests and meet and greets return
They’re still building this.

nickys

Premium Member
Yep. One day, children will be able to touch things, despite the doom and gloom.
Good to know something is continuing. Sure there are / were better things they could have done with the pavilion, but I’m actually glad to hear of one part of the development still going ahead.

DoleWhipDrea

I remember reading that some permits have been filed for a few installations inside. Chapek was saying that they planned for it to open for the 50th at D23 last year (though that’s likely delayed a bit now.) I wonder if it will be full steam ahead or if Disney wants to delay opening until EPCOT’s 40th?

Haymarket2008

I remember reading that some permits have been filed for a few installations inside. Chapek was saying that they planned for it to open for the 50th at D23 last year (though that’s likely delayed a bit now.) I wonder if it will be full steam ahead or if Disney wants to delay opening until EPCOT’s 40th?

I feel like this is an easier project to get off the ground and would be a great thing to market for the 50th. I’d be shocked if this isn’t open in 12-14 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom