News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Assuming this project really is dead, do we expect them to ever reuse Wonders at this point? I get this bad gut feeling that it won't be touched for another decade, and when the time finally comes to do something they'll just put a new building in that plot. The only thing making me think otherwise is how much they invested in structural work.
I mean they’ll probably redo the roof two or three more times, which, to be fair, creates jobs.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
thats cool info, i didnt know that. I always thought it was supposed to be a water walk through from early concept art. And before that I remember concepts with a rainforest rollercoaster in that spot. Never heard of a theater.
Theatre was in the not-demolished-Communicore version.

The coaster was adjacent and part of The Land, not where the splash pad is going.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Just saw this preview trailer and I thought it would be perfect for a reworking of PLAY!, move it to world nature and boom, got a nice new elements pavilion or weather pavilion.

Cmdr_Crimson

So…is this project dead?
monty-python-dead-parrot.gif

In other words....yes.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So…is this project dead?
See:
I would still classify it as an indefinite postponement. It’s a subtle distinction from the guest perspective but one nonetheless.

I’d expect it to open some day when they need something to market since they could quickly finish it.

I’d classify the Mary Poppins ride the same way.

Main Street Theater is truly canceled.

TwilightZone

Judging by the inside out test, I think the project may be heavily reworked, and some of the tech may still be reused in the reworking. Not sure if that means by the end of the day we will get PLAY, but we will get something that reuses what infrastructure they have made for it at least.

Skibum1970

Judging by the inside out test, I think the project may be heavily reworked, and some of the tech may still be reused in the reworking. Not sure if that means by the end of the day we will get PLAY, but we will get something that reuses what infrastructure they have made for it at least.

It's another spinner ride as they copied the ride from DCA. Actually, I'm just kidding. I have no idea.

Bocabear

At this point, why do they even make announcements at D23 when a good portion of what they are hyping will either not happen or will be so heavily modified during development it will not even resemble the concept art... You would think when they got to the place where they were making announcements, they would have already developed the idea and funded it's production...
and in the end I think it makes TDO look unstable and unable to manage things...especially with the placement of attractions in the wrong parks...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
At this point, why do they even make announcements at D23 when a good portion of what they are hyping will either not happen or will be so heavily modified during development it will not even resemble the concept art... You would think when they got to the place where they were making announcements, they would have already developed the idea and funded it's production...
and in the end I think it makes TDO look unstable and unable to manage things...especially with the placement of attractions in the wrong parks...
With Bob 1.0 back, who the heck knows what happens to projects like these.

Vinnie Mac

With Bob back and spending up a good 30% from last fiscal year I don't think it's entirely impossible for this (and maybe a couple of other things) to be started back up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom