News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

No Name

It’s crazy how when a lot of these ideas were being developed, Star Wars was their golden goose. Within about 2 years, that all changed completely. Now they’ve taken a step back on Star Wars, and Iron Man dropping a deuce would do bonkers in theaters. If the interactive hotel were announced today instead of 2017, I have no doubt it would be Marvel-themed instead.

With that being said, regarding the play pavilion, things change quickly and I find it hard to believe the company is thrilled about their 2017 plans, especially given how reluctant they are to reopen their existing meet and greets.

yensidtlaw1969

It’s crazy how when a lot of these ideas were being developed, Star Wars was their golden goose. Within about 2 years, that all changed completely. Now they’ve taken a step back on Star Wars, and Iron Man dropping a deuce would do bonkers in theaters. If the interactive hotel were announced today instead of 2017, I have no doubt it would be Marvel-themed instead.

With that being said, regarding the play pavilion, things change quickly and I find it hard to believe the company is thrilled about their 2017 plans, especially given how reluctant they are to reopen their existing meet and greets.
This is the exact importance of the phrase "Quality Will Out". A poor IP-based experience can't withstand damage to the brand's image. A great IP-based experience can.

Rise of the Resistance defies the general distaste for the sequel trilogy on which it's based because the ride itself is so impressive. The property has already worn out its welcome, meanwhile the ride is an instant classic.

This is part of why the trend where big-ticket IP get underwhelming representation in the parks is so worrying. Avengers Campus hardly lives up to the value of the Marvel franchise. Frozen Ever After is an underwhelming, misplaced D-Ticket for the highest grossing animated franchise ever. If Disney's going to commit to building for these properties, they should be building them institutions - high-quality experiences that extend the interest in the IP and stand for generations as a representation of their value.

Instead they bunt, clearly fearful that the popularity won't outlive the facility. But if you build something amazing it will serve to sustain the popularity of the property.

I'd argue the Indiana Jones Ride at Disneyland has done more good for the relevance and popularity of that franchise than its last movie did, and likely more than the next one will.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Mandalorian thread is already rehashing the hate for the sequel trilogy, we don't need another thread where it is even further off topic.

No Name

This is the exact importance of the phrase "Quality Will Out".
Ah yes, the famous phrase Quality Will Out!

The Mandalorian thread is already rehashing the hate for the sequel trilogy, we don't need another thread where it is even further off topic.
I mean we also don’t need internet police clogging up the conversation with nothing to add. It was just mentioned as part of a larger point.

djkidkaz

So when is Play pavilion opening? I’m sure this hasn’t been cancelled as they need a place for parents to take kids on this side of the park that can’t ride Guardians, Mission Space or Test Track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom