News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

philly97flyer

I think this may have been mentioned, but I would be surprised if this actually happens.
Kids play areas may be a thing of the past with this new Covid era we are living in.
Just a thought.
It’s literally no different than a bunch of people/kids being jammed together in other attractions/lines. I can’t believe we’re still using Covid as an excuse for everything.

TwilightZone

I think this may have been mentioned, but I would be surprised if this actually happens.
Kids play areas may be a thing of the past with this new Covid era we are living in.
Just a thought.
IDK I think once COVID is over people will flock to those to give their kids something fun or new to do.
However ones in theme parks, maybe. No one goes to a theme park to go to a play area.

Cmdr_Crimson

No one goes to a theme park to go to a play area.
Nope..
ba3eae8e2e8e61b8e2609e575d1584b1.jpg

No one goes..
dumbo-playground-1.jpg

But, they reeeeeally like making them...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
No one goes to a theme park to go to a play area.
Not sure if you have kids or not, so I'm not going to make any assumptions. But kids areas are a great "break" from the day. Parents get to sit for a bit (often in the shade or the AC) while kids get to run around and have fun without the boredom of waiting in a line. It's also a great option for the parent with a kid who's too short to ride a big ride with the rest of the family. Having something fun nearby for the shorties while the big kids ride Cosmic Rewind or Test Track will be very welcome.

TwilightZone

Not sure if you have kids or not, so I'm not going to make any assumptions. But kids areas are a great "break" from the day. Parents get to sit for a bit (often in the shade or the AC) while kids get to run around and have fun without the boredom of waiting in a line. It's also a great option for the parent with a kid who's too short to ride a big ride with the rest of the family. Having something fun nearby for the shorties while the big kids ride Cosmic Rewind or Test Track will be very welcome.
I don't, but good point! I often forget how good smaller experiences can be sadly.

Disney Maddux

Heh, kinda weird to re-read those first few pages, oh how I've changed. From a dumb freshman to a senior who now prefers Universal. Still a big fan of Zootopia, but not obsessed anymore (buuuut no promises that won't kick back in if a sequel is announced).

...now when is this opening, if at all at this point?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
They'll probably rework it into Epcot's 40th as a way to honor the park. Nothing would be a better representation of the modern Epcot than a pavilion with no rides, Disney characters all over, in a location that was once dedicated to education.
To really fit with that theme, they’ll need to leave half the building partitioned off from use with the remnants of whatever was there before on the other side for a few years (see also, upstairs at Imagination, the descent of Spaceship Earth, most of Innoventions before it was finally shuttered, the current half-closed state of many countries in World Showcase, and, to a lesser extent, the covered up aquarium views in Nemo)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom