News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

brb1006

Best thing for me is if Zootopia really is one of the leading IPs in this new Play Pavillion, that surely must mean theres no Zootopia land planned for DAK!
tenor.gif

Can we please for once have a thread where the topic of "Zootopia Land coming to AK" isn't brought up?

seascape

I am extremely sad future world won't exist in the future. I hope World Show Case continues and expands. However one has to ask how could future world have survived if we can't tell the real update story of Energy. The Energy Pavilion should have been updated based on the advances made in US energy production. Instead of telling the real story which is not politically correct we lose the Pavilion. Walt would have updated the Pavilion telling the story of how fracking had led to the USA becoming Energy Independent and made us the worlds leader energy producer and exporter. The problem is the current Walt Disney Company can't do that because it's not politicallycorrect. It's the same reason they cant make a movie like "A Wrinkle in Time" or Narnia correctly and cnn profitably. The leadership of thos company from the top has shown political correctness is the wrong way to go. This does not me aw n everything they do is wrong but they need to get passed this PC BS and as go for things like R rated Deadpool and shows on the cutting edge.

MickeyMinnieMom

I am extremely sad future world won't exist in the future. I hope World Show Case continues and expands. However one has to ask how could future world have survived if we can't tell the real update story of Energy. The Energy Pavilion should have been updated based on the advances made in US energy production. Instead of telling the real story which is not politically correct we lose the Pavilion. Walt would have updated the Pavilion telling the story of how fracking had led to the USA becoming Energy Independent and made us the worlds leader energy producer and exporter. The problem is the current Walt Disney Company can't do that because it's not politicallycorrect. It's the same reason they cant make a movie like "A Wrinkle in Time" or Narnia correctly and cnn profitably. The leadership of thos company from the top has shown political correctness is the wrong way to go. This does not me aw n everything they do is wrong but they need to get passed this PC BS and as go for things like R rated Deadpool and shows on the cutting edge.
Every now and then, I read something on one of these boards that I honestly would never have anticipated... ...

Casper Gutman

This just seems like the same collection of meet-and-greets with painted backdrops and halfhearted, quickly outdated ā€œinteractiveā€ displays that WDW has shoved into any vacant spot they donā€™t know want to fill with something more substantive - Innoventions, Imagination, the Animation Building at MGM, etc. It seems very much like a stopgap, the sort of thing weā€™ll be waiting for them to replace within 5 years of its opening.

It also manages to make Future World even more thematically confused. It seems to lack any educational component to link it to the EPCOT of the past, but it still tries to maintain the outer trappings of the dead concept by terming itself the Play Pavilion. Putting a Black-Panther-themed Wakandan outreach center in the space would actually have made the area MORE cohesive - this just exacerbates the muddle.

Luigi

This just seems like the same collection of meet-and-greets with painted backdrops and halfhearted, quickly outdated ā€œinteractiveā€ displays that WDW has shoved into any vacant spot they donā€™t know want to fill with something more substantive - Innoventions, Imagination, the Animation Building at MGM, etc. It seems very much like a stopgap, the sort of thing weā€™ll be waiting for them to replace within 5 years of its opening.

It also manages to make Future World even more thematically confused. It seems to lack any educational component to link it to the EPCOT of the past, but it still tries to maintain the outer trappings of the dead concept by terming itself the Play Pavilion. Putting a Black-Panther-themed Wakandan outreach center in the space would actually have made the area MORE cohesive - this just exacerbates the muddle.

Wow. They said it was opening in 2021 and didn't go into specifics. How did you get to see it and go inside to give such a detailed review of what it is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom