News New Pixar magic bands to be first magicband without Mickey touch point

Bacon

Original Poster
Can you share the link, please? I couldn't find it at Disney Parks Blog :D
It’s on the site that shall not be named but I’ll show the picture.

56D79C6E-4236-458F-8C5B-FB56A882A0D1.jpeg
A2F115B8-69F8-4435-8823-C4F3C9D7E6E7.jpeg
B970155B-48CB-47BB-AD75-7A9091F9CDC2.jpeg
CA7E2DBB-6284-4E8F-87F6-DAEC703724D8.jpeg
73E67E9D-77BC-4FAA-B001-B071B8BE5FE5.jpeg

TwilightZone

these look way nicer then the mickey ones. I especially like the wall - e one. If magic bands ever end up in california, I'm totally getting that one.

No Name

Is it a coincidence that this happens right after Imagineering starts designing merchandise?

This just reeks of revenge. May be surprising to hear this from me, but I think Frog knew what they were doing with the standard Mickey symbols on both ends of the interaction. Having a clear identifier makes the whole process a lot easier for guests who aren't accustomed to it or aren't very smart. Furthermore, if one sees the same thing all the time, it can be subconsciously blocked out in places it will never work. For as much as marketing can be about Toy Story Midway Mania, Imagineering is not much better when it comes to MagicBands.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Dislike. The entire appeal of actually buying a MB 2.0 in my opinion is that you can replace the puck and keep the same band "forever." That obviously won't be the case with these.

Really like the color on the Toy Story band tho.

Acidsplat

Dislike. The entire appeal of actually buying a MB 2.0 in my opinion is that you can replace the puck and keep the same band "forever." That obviously won't be the case with these.

Really like the color on the Toy Story band tho.
I hadn't even thought of that... That's what I should have done on my last trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom