New Pavillion at World Showcase.

Maria

Are you positive they are building a new pavillion? That is where Millennium Village used to be, and the big tent was supposed to become a convention facility. There are even facilities for banquets behind of it. Catering is right there. (or at least it was when I was there....)

Grant

I used to work in Millennium Village, so just to clear a few things up... there will be no new pavillion between Canada and the UK. The Millennium Village structure has been turned around to offer conference/dining/special event facilities (to be known as The World Showplace). I think that any new pavillion Epcot has planned is likely to be seen around the Outpost area of the Showcase - and there are a few rumours... but it will probably be a while before anything actually starts to happen.

Seano846

I have heard it will be for conventions also. If they do add another country I would like to see either Switzerland(with the Matterhorn added) or Spain.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by Seano846
I have heard it will be for conventions also. If they do add another country I would like to see either Switzerland(with the Matterhorn added) or Spain.

I would like to see them put up Ireland and place it next to the UK. :D

Grant

You could well be looking at either a multi-cultural artisan and/or performance. Also, think about the success of the countries showcased in Millennium Village... I worked on the Scottish exhibit in MillVill and would love to see Scotland play a bigger part of the UK pavillion - but don't overlook such countries as Israel and Brasil

DisneyFreak

Here's a country I haven't seen mentioned.....Greece. A great culture, excellent food and they could do an E-Ticket type ride with something to do with the ancient ruins or with the Greek Gods.

Skipper Timekpr

Original Poster
Supposedly from what I have heard from an immagineer friend they are going to put a McDonalds in someplace? I find this a bit hard to believe since Walt strived to keep out the commercial franchises and thats why he built WDW.

Maria

Skipper.
Weren´t you the one who started this thread?? So, tell us, what was the pavillion you thought they were building where Mill Vill was?

Grant,
I worked Guest Relations @ MillVill until dec ´99. Are you back home or still working somewhere else in WDW? Have you seen the World Showplace lately? How does it look inside? My favorite part was the food court! The cricket (minigolf or whatever it was) at Scotland was fun too, and there was the Game of the world that I really liked, but ended up knowing it all by heart!

Grant

I haven't seen inside MillVill since it's closure. We had a closing party in there at the start of January, and that was the last we saw of it... I am now back home in Scotland, and missing the place very much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom