New passes

What do you all think of the new theme park passes?
It seems a good idea to re-think.
Those available for the U.K. are quite restrictive though
as they don`t do one where "unused days never expire"

peter11435

That is part of the new system. Even in the US all the tickets expire within 14 days of first use. The only way to prevent this is to add on the no expiration option, which ranges from 10 to 55 dollars depending on the number of days on the pass.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
patricia27 said:
Does anyone know if one can add a " no expirey" option
to passes bought in the U.K.?

Is there any reason why you want to buy them in the UK? I would buy them once I get to WDW. :)

Upvote 0

DW1

pass quality

Isn't it odd that room key passes are plastic, like credit cards, while season passes are paper. It's so hard to keep them in good shape. Espically because they are in and out of your pockets all day. From park entrance to fast pass usage. You have to make sure they don't get wet so you need to carry something water proof. It's almost like they want you to damage them. Why wouldn't they use plastic? It can't be that expensive, they issue 2 for every hotel check in. Just a suggestion....

Upvote 0

peter11435

DW1 said:
Isn't it odd that room key passes are plastic, like credit cards, while season passes are paper. It's so hard to keep them in good shape. Espically because they are in and out of your pockets all day. From park entrance to fast pass usage. You have to make sure they don't get wet so you need to carry something water proof. It's almost like they want you to damage them. Why wouldn't they use plastic? It can't be that expensive, they issue 2 for every hotel check in. Just a suggestion....
The passes are not paper they are made of Mylar. If you try to tear one you will see that it can't be done. As for the tickets being Mylar and not plastic it really has nothing to do with cost. The fact is that the parks and many other locations do not have the equipment for the plastic tickets. Also the Fastpass machines and turnstiles have more problems with the plastic than they do with the Mylar. Some people actually like the fact that they are not plastic as they take up less space in your wallet. Imagine the Father of a family of 5 trying to carry around 5 plastic tickets and a room key in his wallet.

Upvote 0

patricia27

Original Poster
Yes I know those of us from the U.K. could buy our passes in Florida, but many people like to buy them before they leave the U.K. so they can budget
how much money they will need in Florida. Also it saves the queues at the ticket desk if you are there in the height of summer.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

If you know how to work around the new ticket system, it can really work to your advantage. I figured out the price differences in passes on average, and you can work it out much better than the park hopper passes.

Upvote 0

patricia27

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for your advice and help, we are visiting in June 2005
---158days---. So I have plenty of time to explore all possibilities.Annual passes are also a good deal!!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I do have discounted MYW passes that I sell through my site. You can purchase these in advance.
There is also a 10 day ticket that is available.
Pam

Upvote 0

Nansafan

DW1 said:

The annual passes can be damaged quite easily and just as easily replaced. In July of 2004 we visited for 8 days and had purchased the Premium Annual Pass for everyone. For the first 5 days of the trip, my niece had to get a new pass each day. One time because she had the pass in a case with her cell phone and the cell phone battery de-magnetized the pass. Another time she was wearing board shorts and forgot she had the pass in her pocket, she started swimming at the wave pool at Typhoon and ruined her pass. I forget what else happened to her pass but it became the family joke, "what will Amanda do to her pass this time?" She was 16 at the time so she could take care of her own pass, or so we thought. After pass number 4, she said her goal was to get a new pass everyday. She was just kidding, the kid's got a great sense of humor. Anyway when we went back to WDW in December 2004, her pass worked fine the whole 5 days. It's not hard at all to get a new pass if you mess up the first one.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom