• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New Parking Structure/Hotel/DTD Construction/Updates

Phrubruh

What a pain M&F has turned into. We would always park there with our handicapped hangtag. It was nice to park in Pinocchio. If we come back, I'm parking in Toy Story form now on.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
What a pain M&F has turned into. We would always park there with our handicapped hangtag. It was nice to park in Pinocchio. If we come back, I'm parking in Toy Story form now on.
Unfortunately, depending on where you're coming from (5 South in my case), M&F is just the most convenient place to park. I've only had to use the TS lot once during D23 2013. I remember not liking it. I felt super disconnected.

DanielBB8

Disney needs to consider building a bridge to cross Magic Way so guests can go directly from the parking structure to Downtown Disney and walk to the parks. They should consider an exit from Critter Country to Mickey & Friends. For APs and redeemed multi day passes, a direct entrance to Disneyland should be allowed. This will alleviate taking the overcrowded tram. Perhaps redesigning Critter Country will make it work.

Disney needs to consider building a bridge to cross Magic Way so guests can go directly from the parking structure to Downtown Disney and walk to the parks. They should consider an exit from Critter Country to Mickey & Friends. For APs and redeemed multi day passes, a direct entrance to Disneyland should be allowed. This will alleviate taking the overcrowded tram. Perhaps redesigning Critter Country will make it work.
In the words of Bill Paxton in the classic movie Twister, don't even think about it. No waay.

Ismael Flores

not sure why but I'm curious to see how this project will look like when done. I'm really hoping that they have some good plans for the tram loading area and security spot just like the proposed eastern gateway.

They are adding more parking spaces and yet they keep removing quite a few from the existing parking structure with every re-alignment of the tram route

As much as I dislike DTD and think it should be razed, Disney is not going to bypass it. Especially now that the new hotel and parking structure is going right in the middle of it. They are going to funnel as much foot traffic through DTD as possible.

Ismael Flores

As much as I dislike DTD and think it should be razed, Disney is not going to bypass it. Especially now that the new hotel and parking structure is going right in the middle of it. They are going to funnel as much foot traffic through DTD as possible.
They really should just expand it north to where they had considered building the hotel originally. add a parking structure at the back part of the property to serve the Disneyland hotel and the new hotel and have one long corridor that leads to the large parking structures across the street. A new pedestrian bridge over Disney way would help traffic flow.

then remove the DTD security points since everyone entering the area from the parking structures would already have gone through a security area. all hotels would also have security points in any access gateways into DTD.

dweezil78

Isn't the tram supposed to go the way of the dodo once the new parking garage is complete -- with the current tram path essentially becoming the main walkway to the park/downtown Disney? I thought that's what I heard here.

They really should just expand it north to where they had considered building the hotel originally. add a parking structure at the back part of the property to serve the Disneyland hotel and the new hotel and have one long corridor that leads to the large parking structures across the street. A new pedestrian bridge over Disney way would help traffic flow.

then remove the DTD security points since everyone entering the area from the parking structures would already have gone through a security area. all hotels would also have security points in any access gateways into DTD.
The hotel parking for the new hotel is going on the spot where the new hotel was originally slated (on the existing DTD parking). Basically they just shifted the new hotel south into DTD itself. So not sure where you think they should have shifted things north.

Top Bottom