New Park Hours

mightyduck

Be advised Disney-MGM Studios switched to an 8:30 closing time effective this past Monday and AK is now open 8:30-5 pm. CMs seemed confused by the new schedule, so I don't think this was part of a long term plan. Be advised that all of AKs attractions don't open until 9 am, and if you're planning seeing shows, the one less hour makes the trip a lot less leisurely. Everything is spread out in this park, and a decision to head out to conservation station can suck up a couple hours rather quickly...

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by mightyduck
Be advised Disney-MGM Studios switched to an 8:30 closing time effective this past Monday and AK is now open 8:30-5 pm. CMs seemed confused by the new schedule, so I don't think this was part of a long term plan. Be advised that all of AKs attractions don't open until 9 am, and if you're planning seeing shows, the one less hour makes the trip a lot less leisurely. Everything is spread out in this park, and a decision to head out to conservation station can suck up a couple hours rather quickly...

I'm glad we were there before that happened!

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Original Poster
Re: Re: New Park Hours

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

I'm glad we were there before that happened!

yeah, it was disappointing. I was confused when the Cm told me to pick up my photo with Mickey after 8:30 pm.... they weren't aware that the park closed earlier, either...

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Original Poster
The maps for the week had the new hours printed on them, so someone knew. They just didn't tell the CMs or warn the guests beforehand. I would have gone to AK a different day if I had realized what was happening... :( As a result, I didn't make it to Africa or Asia....

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

The maps for the week had the new hours printed on them, so someone knew. They just didn't tell the CMs or warn the guests beforehand. I would have gone to AK a different day if I had realized what was happening... :( As a result, I didn't make it to Africa or Asia....

Icant beleived u didnt make it to our special place in Africa. snif snif. :-(

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Icant beleived u didnt make it to our special place in Africa. snif snif. :-(

What special place in Africa? And I can't believe you didn't make it to MGM on Saturday! :(

Don't worry...I didn't wait long... ;)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

What special place in Africa? And I can't believe you didn't make it to MGM on Saturday! :(

Don't worry...I didn't wait long... ;)

Dand ur wearing me out on here. uh ok that didnt sound to good. I guess u dont know are specail place anymore. I see how u r now. Well I would of check the boards again I would of meet you sat at mgm and I would of been in for a surprise too. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom