News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

Uh, look a bit closer, that is and was the plan. Notice not all are using skyliner, but the plan of it was to eventually along with other transportation options to replace bussing. If you search you will find the discussions we had about it in the skyliner thread I believe.

The other transportation options is the key part. The Skyliner could never be the primary source of transportation for all of Disney World.

Goofyernmost

I've resolved most of this but still a work in progress. 💡
That is going to take a while my friend. Buses are not ideal, in a fantasy world that doesn't exist. Tracked transportation lack any flexibility. They only go in a tracked line. I get a kick out of those that have expressed how this high speed train will take the place of buses. What it will do is take you to a specific spot, like in Paris. It works there because you get off the train at the entrance of Disneyland Paris which basically carries people that are either living or staying in Paris proper. If they had a train going from the Airport it will be fast and efficient but will stop only in one place in that 42000 acres. You still have to get yourself and your luggage to your resort. There won't be tracks running to each resort. You will not be able to get to DAK without extra bus travel, or between resorts easily because buses aren't shackled by rails or cables. You just turn the steering wheel and go where ever you are needed.

As someone that made a large portion of his living in the busing business, it is so insulting to hear people talk about buses like they were the worst possible thing that could ever happen to you. Without them you would be wearing out a lot of shoe leather or emptying very thick wallets.

Goofyernmost

While I applaud your enthusiasm, reality has to be kept in play. I don't see a high speed train going to parts of the park if for no other reason than safety. But, that being said, I am with you other forms of transportation are being looked at
It pretty much makes a mockery of HIGH SPEED TRAIN, if it had to stop every 200 feet. Now at best it will have ONE stop and that will probably be at TTC.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Impossible. They can't shift all or even the majority of transit operations to a form of transportation that has to shut down in thunderstorms (I think they close it just with regular rain even without lightning, but I'm not positive about that).

Plus, there's a not insignificant number of guests who dislike and won't use the Skyliner.
I'm not sure how significant that is since they can either stay at a Skyliner resort or stay at one that isn't. It is simple solution and one that will be enforced much stronger with more time. Covid kind of screwed that up for the time being. They didn't spend millions for the Skyliner to just keep buses running there like normal. It will change. Everyone has options and Disney cannot make everyone happy. It just isn't possible.

UNCgolf

I'm not sure how significant that is since they can either stay at a Skyliner resort or stay at one that isn't. It is simple solution and one that will be enforced much stronger with more time. Covid kind of screwed that up for the time being. They didn't spend millions for the Skyliner to just keep buses running there like normal. It will change. Everyone has options and Disney cannot make everyone happy. It just isn't possible.

The comment I was responding to was suggesting they would install Skyliners across all of WDW to eliminate buses everywhere. That's what I was saying wouldn't work.

tparris

Just thought I’d share some photos I took today.
3FB74242-8321-4DD9-B685-BC66E1F43C19.jpeg
81D63CA6-0CD5-4FE1-9632-03A658139633.jpeg
156C204A-EA05-4157-8C09-FE4D7CA990DA.jpeg
E0B35AFA-4B03-4411-8ACF-D96031A26977.jpeg
C4760BFD-CD45-4454-BA4C-D4068AC613B7.jpeg
0A57E38B-6246-4981-AAF9-977DCDC83B18.jpeg
BC08B676-9A64-4EA0-8665-D528B7FE4C7D.jpeg

Goofyernmost

The comment I was responding to was suggesting they would install Skyliners across all of WDW to eliminate buses everywhere. That's what I was saying wouldn't work.
Sorry, I must have misread it. That is true and way to much money they could buy buses for years with what that would cost and still have enough money left over for some mighty bodacious bonuses. The only thing they could ever do, but it would cost them a whole bunch of customers is to get rid of them all (buses) and for any resort that didn't have a monorail, boat or gondola then you would be required to have a car. That would be fun. If you figured that there might be 20 cars needed for every bus that is eliminated, seems they would then have to stop bragging about how "green" they are.;)

That said though, that is why I always use a car (rental or owned) when I visit WDW. Even though it would be buses that made it possible for me to afford to go to WDW, I don't want the inconvenience of having to wait for one to arrive, being packed in at the end of the day with sweaty guest and buses that are so crowded that the AC isn't even being felt at all. I guess it is part of the saying that "a shoemakers son goes barefoot".

Phicinfan

That wasn't said, at least not by me. Go back and look, all I said is that Skyliner is one option. Not the only

Goofyernmost

The new train line will not stop at the TTC. The plans are already public, the WDW station is located near to Disney Springs.
I hadn't seen that but when I was posting what I did, it was a toss up at the time TTC or Disney Springs. Either way it will be a PITA to add that next step of getting to a resort. The bus terminal at Disney Springs will have to be as big as the one at MK or DHS. With the parking garage there, do they even have room for that? I've been there since the Garage was in operation but I never really got a look at the bus terminal for the Springs.

Splashin' Ryan

Anyways.... back to the theme of this thread :D

Have there been any plans to give a major overhaul to the bus drop-off and pickup locations at EPCOT similar to what happened to MK and more recently HS?
I feel the area there could really need some updating/light theming. It seems pretty bleak there right now especially compared to the bus drop-off and pick-up locations at AK, MK, HS, and even Disney Springs.

Thelazer

Is it me, or is the main fountain lighting already SOL.

I didn't see the "bright" sky beam portion of the prisms at all last night and only saw about two versions of red / orange / blue being used for colors... no yellow, no green at all.

Also the color ribbon thing, isn't synced up to match the main fountain.
Work in progress, maybe.. but come on get it together here please.

TikibirdLand

The Last Mile problem has been an issue for transportation, telco and a host of other industries for almost two centuries now. WDW isn't immune. Can busses, The Skyliner or the Monorail address this? I keep hoping some combination can.

Love the photos posted of the front of EPCoT Center. Wish I could come just to take that view in! I'm so sorry that the rest of the park has lost its grandeur of previous decades though. How is it that Imagineering can do such a great job on the entrance and completely blow it in the rest of the park? Guess I'll wait and see how it turns out...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm so sorry that the rest of the park has lost its grandeur of previous decades though. How is it that Imagineering can do such a great job on the entrance and completely blow it in the rest of the park? Guess I'll wait and see how it turns out...
Because they are simply redoing what was originally there. Oh they’ve added a ring of LED lights. Yay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom