News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've resolved most of this but still a work in progress. 💡

For a park you've not visited since the millennium....
902.gif

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm referring back to when Epcot would have been a major hub. There is plenty of room with modifications to dust off those plans. Just because something was one way in the 90's (and observed personally) and was reconfigured in the next decade, does not change what was. It is all part of the park's evolution.

Busses are a necessity for various reasons even if the hub concept is resurrected close to one of the original concepts instead of the greatly scaled down configuration we now see. But because of the centrality of Epcot on property, the best solution would be to make it a central hub. IMO.

I'll armchair it in the near future. I tried before but everything has changed. (Brightline, etc.)

There are no plans currently for Brightline to have a stop at Epcot.

Phicinfan

Will that include guests staying at AKL? More importantly, will the Skyliner be able to handle the same volume as a fleet of buses?
Well, as last I heard the plan for the skyliner was to reduce and eventually replace bussing, I will say yes. I will add that a few insiders here have mentioned they are looking at another form of transportation for the AKL area, but nothing has been specific, and no timings for it

but yes, per reports plans for Disney is to get out of bussing

Phicinfan

Imagination is useful to create solutions.
While I applaud your enthusiasm, reality has to be kept in play. I don't see a high speed train going to parts of the park if for no other reason than safety. But, that being said, I am with you other forms of transportation are being looked at

jt04

While I applaud your enthusiasm, reality has to be kept in play. I don't see a high speed train going to parts of the park if for no other reason than safety. But, that being said, I am with you other forms of transportation are being looked at

Never came close to saying it was. But either an I-4 or I-Drive station would need to be incorporated into the big picture. Ⓜ

nickys

Premium Member
But because of the centrality of Epcot on property, the best solution would be to make it a central hub. IMO.
If it’s going to be a central hub, wouldn’t that mean there would have to be buses? 🤔

Unless you’re planning to extend the monorail and / or Skyliner drastically.

And if your plan is to use the IG as the hub, why should those staying at the Epcot resorts have to put up with that? In any case, the access roads around there are just that - access roads for deliveries, operations and emergency services. There just isn’t enough space to make it a major transportation hub.

nickys

Premium Member
Well, as last I heard the plan for the skyliner was to reduce and eventually replace bussing, I will say yes. I will add that a few insiders here have mentioned they are looking at another form of transportation for the AKL area, but nothing has been specific, and no timings for it

Another form of transport, yes. Skyliner wasn’t the front runner for AKL, IIRC. Light rail from Disney Springs was the last one I remember being seriously discussed.

UNCgolf

Impossible. They can't shift all or even the majority of transit operations to a form of transportation that has to shut down in thunderstorms (I think they close it just with regular rain even without lightning, but I'm not positive about that).

Plus, there's a not insignificant number of guests who dislike and won't use the Skyliner.

Phicinfan

Impossible. They can't shift all or even the majority of transit operations to a form of transportation that has to shut down in thunderstorms (I think they close it just with regular rain even without lightning, but I'm not positive about that).

Plus, there's a not insignificant number of guests who dislike and won't use the Skyliner.
Uh, look a bit closer, that is and was the plan. Notice not all are using skyliner, but the plan of it was to eventually along with other transportation options to replace bussing. If you search you will find the discussions we had about it in the skyliner thread I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom