News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Bocabear

The monorail would have been able to transport guests during inclement weather and Florida's frequent thunderstorms....and no matter what the cost, the monorail system connecting Riviera, DHS, and Disney Springs would have been an amazing plus for everyone...and would have been more dependable that the Skyliner system.. The Disney Springs Monorail station could have also been linked to the upcoming BrightLine station and create a great, usable transportation Hub for guests arriving from the Airport or just train

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was somehow forgetting that the Skyliner also requires regular columns. I would take an expansion of the monorail over the Skyliner 100 out of 100 times.

By the way, I made a comment about this elsewhere, but with your knowledge you might have some insight -- was operational ability ever one of the considerations for not expanding the monorail? It didn't stop them from building the Skyliner, of course, but I could see apprehension over what would happen in the event of a shutdown if the majority of guests used it to get around the property.
Obviously the oil crisis issues out paid to the LBV line. The Epcot line just had to be since it was the future. Come the MGM leg, like LBV the monorail had a reliability of in excess of 99%. By then busses had gotten quite the network up and running and were cheaper than a capex project.

There’s no doubt TDO know the road network has a finite capacity for busses - hence the proposed east west transit connector and past proposals for other forms of travel.

Redundancy was a consideration as seen in the LBV Wedway proposals.

G00fyDad

Obviously the oil crisis issues out paid to the LBV line. The Epcot line just had to be since it was the future. Come the MGM leg, like LBV the monorail had a reliability of in excess of 99%. By then busses had gotten quite the network up and running and were cheaper than a capex project.

There’s no doubt TDO know the road network has a finite capacity for busses - hence the proposed east west transit connector and past proposals for other forms of travel.

Why doesn't Disney use something like this?

pdude81

The monorail would have been able to transport guests during inclement weather and Florida's frequent thunderstorms....and no matter what the cost, the monorail system connecting Riviera, DHS, and Disney Springs would have been an amazing plus for everyone...and would have been more dependable that the Skyliner system.. The Disney Springs Monorail station could have also been linked to the upcoming BrightLine station and create a great, usable transportation Hub for guests arriving from the Airport or just train
The skyliner can transport guests in thunderstorms also. They just don't want it to

castlecake2.0

Was it you a few years ago that mentioned there was some new transport coming to Epcot/world showcase? Was it eventually thé skyliner or was there something else that didn’t come to be?

castlecake2.0

Not me. I was just vague about the east west connector.
I’ll have to dig when I have time. What was this connector going to be though?

Also to keep this on topic I’m anxiously waiting for The Zach to post something about brining palm trees back to replace the ugly mismatched trees, but my hopes are fading.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Soarin' would definitely be last on my list. I'd sooner lop off the top of the Dolphin triangle and topple the Swans.

All we need to do is have WDI do a bunch of rock work over the two hotel buildings to make them look like mountains, leave a little of the top of the Dolphin exposed, repaint that as a Swiss ski chalet, and bam - problem solved. Two big hotel mountains in the background instead of Michael Graves’ monstrosities.

sedati

All we need to do is have WDI do a bunch of rock work over the two hotel buildings to make them look like mountains, leave a little of the top of the Dolphin exposed, repaint that as a Swiss ski chalet, and bam - problem solved. Two big hotel mountains in the background instead of Michael Graves’ monstrosities.
Actually, all they need to do is add some more islands or even little island nations that we could visit. Positioned correctly they could block out sightlines of distant monstrosities such as the hotels or Guardians. This was more in line with the original layout plan, and would also offer more than a single pathway 'round the lagoon.

Sorry to go off topic from what you all were discussing haha. Might Epcot be getting a new Toll Booth?

Oh, and transportation wise I vote for something that connects to Animal Kingdom. Coronado Springs needs a connection to something to haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom