News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

TikibirdLand

'Points of Light' reach the top of Spaceship Earth for EPCOT'S 'Beacons of Magic' show​

Are they going to be at the bottom of every index? If so, I don't think they're done. When I hear, "Beacons of Magic", I'm thinking of something shining up from SSE. These appear to be illuminating it. Am I missing something?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are they going to be at the bottom of every index? If so, I don't think they're done. When I hear, "Beacons of Magic", I'm thinking of something shining up from SSE. These appear to be illuminating it. Am I missing something?

bea·con (bē-kən)
Share:​
n.
a. A signal fire, especially one used to warn of an enemy's approach.​
b. A signaling or guiding device that emits light, such as a lighthouse.
c. A radio transmitter that emits a characteristic guidance signal for aircraft.​
d. A signaling device that emits a repeating sound; a pinger.​
2. A source of guidance or inspiration: a beacon of hope.

Goofyernmost

I don't know if this has been asked before, but are all those lights hardwired within the double shell of the building? I'd love to see the junction connection box that goes with that. That is a lot of light fixtures.

Brenthodge

I don't know if this has been asked before, but are all those lights hardwired within the double shell of the building? I'd love to see the junction connection box that goes with that. That is a lot of light fixtures.
LED lighting can be installed with minimally invasive cabling and use a lot of fixture to fixture daisy chaining for runs. That’s the beauty of it. Data cables and power cables can easily be run through the space between the layers and then grouped into entry points into the building to the drivers that will power and synchronize the lighting

jt04

WOW! 😊

Very great news! Wasn't sure they would have this level of coverage and it would look like a 360° drive in movie screen. Does not seem value engineered at all.

💫✨

Goofyernmost

LED lighting can be installed with minimally invasive cabling and use a lot of fixture to fixture daisy chaining for runs. That’s the beauty of it. Data cables and power cables can easily be run through the space between the layers and then grouped into entry points into the building to the drivers that will power and synchronize the lighting
It seems to me that regardless of the simplicity they still have to punch holes in, at least, the outer skin of the building and as @marni1971 hopes that they didn't punch through the inner membrane that keeps the interior dry. The only way they could avoid punching through the outer structure is if they crazy glue the lights to the structure and run the wires in the seams of the shell and have one giant toggle switch on the ground outside. So it is true that it is "seamless" but it has hundreds of holes drilled through the shell. Imagine drilling hundred of holes in your roof at home, and then spending the rest of your natural life patching up the spots that for some reason or the other were overlooked at the time and were missed in the sealing process.

Brenthodge

It seems to me that regardless of the simplicity they still have to punch holes in, at least, the outer skin of the building and as @marni1971 hopes that they didn't punch through the inner membrane that keeps the interior dry. The only way they could avoid punching through the outer structure is if they crazy glue the lights to the structure and run the wires in the seams of the shell and have one giant toggle switch on the ground outside. So it is true that it is "seamless" but it has hundreds of holes drilled through the shell. Imagine drilling hundred of holes in your roof at home, and then spending the rest of your natural life patching up the spots that for some reason or the other were overlooked at the time and were missed in the sealing process.
Yes, there will be one giant "ON OFF" toggle switch on the ground with all of the wires running from the crazy glued on lights, out of the seams to it. A guy named Jayson will stand there every night and flick it on and off in time to the music. When he is off, It will be Ramona. They are in "show training" now. Because NO ONE has ever had to install anything through a roof membrane and patch the hole. Flat (and in this case rounded) membrane roofs can develop leaks at entry points and along seams. It happens. I don't think every single light goes through the roof membrane, but the data and power cable will be run to a few locations where they can be punched through the membrane to the interior where the controls and drivers will be, Or maybe they will run to the back where they can run onto the rooftop of the load/postshow building without being seen. Some people around here take "SEAMLESS" WAY to literally.

Brenthodge

Right, and they do integrate "seamlessly". They are minimally intrusive fixtures in a finish similar to the alcubond panels of SE. They dont protrude on sticks or long mounting arms like a lot of architectural lighting of rounded surfaces. They are custom designed to create lighting effects over the surface of a spherical object with little visual intrusion during the day. I'm sure every night Zach rolls his eyes at the goofy posts of half of the people on this "fan site" and wishes maybe he chose another word so some of the people that hang onto every single thing of the past like the gospel truth wouldn't take him so literally.. or maybe he doesn't. Because he works for Disney and the people who cant get past "seamless" don't, and carry very little weight in his day to day decision making. Good God, they are little light up disks - move on (and focus on the pile of crap in the lagoon)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom