News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

The Aracuan Bird

I do think it's unwise to blame Zach. While he can be pretty aggressively corpo, that is his job. Not much you can do for that and if I was in his position I'd be trying to do as much creatively as possible while threading the needle of pleasing the execs.
Maybe not? But who is to blame? Is it just one person? Probably not.

What I don’t understand is solely blaming Chapek.

Goofyernmost

I don't know who this Zack is but I don't see a Zack listed in the upper layer of management for The Disney Company. If he isn't at the top then he couldn't burp without permission from above and that is usually a committee so no individual can be blamed. Finger pointing directed at a specific individual is very difficult in the corporate world.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't know who this Zack is but I don't see a Zack listed in the upper layer of management for The Disney Company. If he isn't at the top then he couldn't burp without permission from above and that is usually a committee so no individual can be blamed. Finger pointing directed at a specific individual is very difficult in the corporate world.
He’s the new PR groomed Rohde. Trying to be a customer friendly mouthpiece on social media but with less experience. And no earnings.

trainplane3

He’s the new PR groomed Rohde. Trying to be a customer friendly mouthpiece on social media but with less experience. And no earnings.
I'm curious about previous things he's worked on. Going over his LinkedIn shows he worked on the California Adventure overhaul and lots of portfolio/internal shuffling jobs?

Last edited:

DisneyDean97

lol so their puppet?
I'm not blaming him personally, but I'll never forget watching a Tony Baxter interview a few years ago where he said "you know a lot of guys (imagineers) today will just say yes to anything, so when someone like me comes in and tries to change something or make a suggestion on a project... they (the executives) look around and ask "do we even need this guy" :(
Unfortunately Disney is full of a lot of Yes Men.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I'm curious about previous things he's worked on. Going over his LinkedIn shows he worked on the California Adventure overhaul and lots of portfolio/internal shuffling jobs?

The Site WDW Resort Portfolio Executive, WDI

1621812648389.png

trainplane3

Probably expected, but

Good. Listening to the loop at home vs the park were vastly different experiences. It made nice background music for working while at home. In the park? It's totally forgettable and barely registered that it was even playing while in the entrance area. It's that lacking of a fit.

Meanwhile the previous loop was more enjoyable in both environments.

Touchdown

Here’s hoping they have version of the ride themes past and present, but now with a full orchestra. Can always sprinkle in actual ride music (Soarin) when it fits.

Stupido

I don't understand what the need was for a placeholder loop. The previous loop was better and should have been allowed to run until the new one was done.
possibly a rights issue? Maybe there was a segment that would need to be chopped by a certain date?

Clamman73

It's news to me!

Why would they create the new loop that is playing there now? Why not just keep the old one until the new one is ready... 🤔
It came out when the new circular lighting was shown off…maybe it all went better with it to show it off for now until some new in-studio symphony music is produced. I don’t know…maybe it’s not until recently that production music is being recorded because of vaccinations. *shrugs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom