News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Mickeynerd17

I've been listening to clips of the new audio, and I think I understand what they were trying to do. Some of the music is melodically similar to the old music loop, but it distinguishes itself as its own thing. Makes me think of a "transition" from the old park to the new.

Overall, I don't think its bad. It isn't the old music at all by a mile, but I can live with it. Still wish there was "One Little Spark" somewhere in it.

hpyhnt 1000

I don't mind the new loop based on what I've heard thus far. Generic, but conveys the right mood for the park, and no blatant IP remixes is a big win considering how the park is changing to purportedly become "more Disney." I'm sure it'll grow on me over time.

The grumbling about the lack of original pieces does highlight how much music EPCOT has lost over the years. More than any theme park before or after, EPCOT Center really relied on original compositions to convey it's messages and themes. Tomorrow's Child, New Horizons, Fun to be Free, Listen to the Land, Energy's multiple pieces... all have disappeared. Even We've Just Begun to Dream is now little more than a marketing catchphrase when it was once the park's defacto anthem.

It's hard to include original music when you've just about eliminated everything that was original about the park.

Cmdr_Crimson

The Innoventions loop is still there right? Though I assume its days are numbered too.
source.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I like the full orchestral sound. A reinterpretation of the type of melodies and moods of the old BGM but without the 80's synthesized sound which was, to me, too shrill and grating and had no depth nor heft.

I'm sure the 50th and 40th celebrations will be shuffling the playlist.

What's needed for the nostalgia feels is a re-orchestrated tunes of the past. Just like DHS used big band orchestration for Disney songs, a fuller orchestral orchestration of old favorites needs to be done without gimmicky beeps and bloops and theramins and slide whistle. But... COVID for now.

Hey, Tomorrowland, are you listening?

Brer Oswald

I like the full orchestral sound. A reinterpretation of the type of melodies and moods of the old BGM but without the 80's synthesized sound which was, to me, too shrill and grating and had no depth nor heft.

What's needed for the nostalgia feels is a re-orchestrated tunes of the past. Just like DHS used big band orchestration for Disney songs, a fuller orchestral orchestration of old favorites needs to be done without gimmicky beeps and bloops and theramins and slide whistle. But... COVID for now.

Yep. The music style is not the problem. I think most can agree.

Mickeynerd17

I actually liked that synth sound and wish they used more of it, but hey, everyone has their tastes.

Inspired Figment

I like the full orchestral sound. A reinterpretation of the type of melodies and moods of the old BGM

What's needed for the nostalgia feels is a re-orchestrated tunes of the past, a fuller orchestral orchestration of old favorites needs to be done
Agreed with this! Now honestly, I had no issue with the synthesized music of the 80s & 90s, but I definitely think we could use more of those iconic EPCOT themes we know & love reorchestrated to sound more grand & “cinematic”, particularly when it comes to the main entrance. I say keep some of that classic 80s/90s sound for the actual pavilions themselves. Maybe just slightly reorchestrated/remastered or re-recorded to have higher fidelity sound.

michmousefan

Didn’t they pay someone to compose a truly wonderful new theme for the park and showcased it at D23 2019??!!!!!!! Where is that? Confused.
Entirely possible they are saving the new Pinar Toprak Epcot music for 1) somewhere else in the park, 2) for later when more of the central spine is finished and open or 3) some combo of both. But I expect it will be used eventually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom