News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

kevlightyear

Here's a free idea you're welcome to shoot down. Maybe the photo panels should have gone along these curved walls in the entrance plaza. The walls are already there, so no further wall-ification is necessary. Plus, it would bring some color in the area, and the pictures would still be in the park.

🤷

Epcot_Full_37016.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
People here complain about literally everything. I think they look great and make the area in front of the park feel more transitional instead of just Parking -> Security -> Spaceship Earth.

As opposed to the other parks that are Transportation -> Security -> Weenie? Not sure how colored walls off to one side change that.

Biff215

Anyone else feel like there’s more now than when they were on the monoliths? Also surprised me that they “reprinted” them, I had assumed that they would just attach the old panels to a new wall.

I like it though, can’t wait to find our pictures once again!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Anyone else feel like there’s more now than when they were on the monoliths? Also surprised me that they “reprinted” them, I had assumed that they would just attach the old panels to a new wall.

Yeah I feel the same way, And there are a lot more to come, at least up to the mid 400's.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just a hunch - Management, and by extension WDI, expect people with tiles to love these, and line up to take their picture with their tile with big smiles on their faces and post it on Instagram. Because that’s all that matters, right?

SplashJacket

Not to be a negative Nancy, but while I like the overall color, the yellow doesn't fit. If it didn't have the yellow it would look a lot better.

markham

Feels claustrophobic
I feel like they are intentionally doing this. It's a widely used architectural technique to compress space so that the space you're presented with after moving through it feels larger and even more grand. Frank Lloyd Wright is famous for it, referring to it as compression and release.

"By creating a deliberately small space through which one must pass before reaching a larger space, he caused a temporary sense of tension, followed by the feeling of freedom."
View Source

Not that SSE needs any help to feel grand :)

Amused to Death

I was thinking the same. These walls seem to go on forever. The old monoliths were wider, but still, I had no idea there were that many photos. The numbers at the top are a bit jarring, but otherwise I think it looks really nice.

Disney is scoring points with the entrance area. It's too bad they're taking about 10 steps backward with what's happening out in the World Showcase Lagoon.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom