News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

MrPromey

Last edited:

OG Runner

And to think, they list that as one of the Epcot "attractions".

Hmm... I don't recall ever seeing FP+ available for this experience.

Was I supposed to hold my Magic Band up to the marble?

Wonder if they'll be updating that page to showcase the flower and tree planter experience now? 😏

I certainly hope so. I missed the flower & tree planter tour my last trip and was very disappointed. :D

trainplane3

Flags soon:
epcot-entrance-flag-lighting-5-1867x1400.jpg

Jamison Long

Not to Down play the fountain being revealed but, isnt it the same as was origionally in front of Spaceship Earth during the opening year 1982. AS SEEN IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE FROM THE 1982 BOOK "WALT DISNEY wORLD EPCOT CENTER", by Abrams

Attachments

• IMG_20210201_183948.jpg
    IMG_20210201_183948.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 165

Jamison Long

Not to Down play the fountain being revealed but, isnt it the same as was origionally in front of Spaceship Earth during the opening year 1982. AS SEEN IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE FROM THE 1982 BOOK "WALT DISNEY wORLD EPCOT CENTER", by Abrams
Im so happy the fountain is back, it was such a lovely part to come into the Park and see.

Goofyernmost

Yup, not exactly the same, but very close and just replaced something that never should have been taken out to begin with. It was probably because the original clashed with the graveyard entrance that followed it.

Jamison Long

WEll Simply put, its about time they brought it back, i know there was a company that gave replicas to its emploiyees of the park foiuntain, i so wish i had one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Actually the Acrylic Pylons had been removed long before the graveyard started... They were cracked and showing their age...They chose to remove them rather than replace... That was the first mistake.
They were removed just as work began in early spring 1999.

The Empress Lilly

Flags soon:
epcot-entrance-flag-lighting-5-1867x1400.jpg
Not convinced we need an abundance of flags here.

It feels like a continuation of that 90s idea that FW needs kinetics, moving props, lest it be boring.

EPCOT aesthetics are serene, lyrical. About lines and forms. TWDC is like the fool who adds pink flamingoes to a zen garden because he doesn't understand where the beauty is.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not convinced we need an abundance of flags here.

It feels like a continuation of that 90s idea that FW needs kinetics, moving props, lest it be boring.

EPCOT aesthetics are serene, lyrical. About lines and forms. TWDC is like the fool who adds pink flamingoes to a zen garden because he doesn't understand where the beauty is.
Or pink to a castle because others castles are pink, too.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
As EPCOT's grand entrance is restored (not a triviality, a work of immense importance), so the MK's is undone.

Have yet to see it in person, but on photo the pink castle looks dreadful.

Not just EPCOT. The MK and DAK are being cartoonified too. Fantasyland is not toontown!
I think people are underestimating the power of the Florida sun. The Day 1 pink of the castle is not what it's going to look like three years later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom