News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

Looks great, except for the weird 'shin guards' at the bottom. I'll probably get hate for this - but even when they get something right, they can only get it like 99% right (at best). There's always a catch.

Anyway yes, this is a massive improvement and we're all very grateful etc.
I think this is the reason for the "shins":
In the fountain’s center is a brilliant light, a unique liquid-cooled fixture we’ve designed with new capabilities that complement the fountain’s changing colors...

brihow

In the fountain’s center is a brilliant light, a unique liquid-cooled fixture we’ve designed with new capabilities that complement the fountain’s changing colors...
Then why couldn't the shins have gone on the inner side of the pylons? This reeks of poor planning /last minute/ cheap solution.

dreday3

Then why couldn't the shins have gone on the inner side of the pylons? This reeks of poor planning /last minute/ cheap solution.

What shins? What am I missing? I don't see them.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

PHOTOS - Construction walls down at EPCOT reveal new main entrance fountain​

Epcot_Full_40369.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Alright, that looks pretty awesome (even with the weird "shin guards" between the pylons). The vibrancy of the lighting at night is particularly nice and I'm intrigued to see what else is up their sleeve and how it all comes together with SSE's new lighting.

And additional kudos on the manhole covers. It's that sort of "Disney difference" we need more of.

There's plenty of time and forum space to critique the rest of the park's transformation, but for right now, I'm fully enjoying this new entrance plaza. It's wonderful to see EPCOT once again have a properly beautiful and grandiose entry.

Brooklin Disney Dad

I think it's important to remember that Zach is not our personal friend, neighbour or equal. He's a high ranking Disney official trying to market his corporate product to us "guests" who ultimately have no say on the final design of these projects, despite the money we pay to see them. Any criticisms we make, if they're seen at all, are likely to be ignored. Disney's social media marketing is often superficial and insincere, trying to play off of nostalgia even when newer offerings don't really reflect the design philosophy and value of older Disney.

Suggesting the comments here amount to "bullying" is a bit much.
Key word in your comment...”old”. Need I remind you that you are buying a ticket to have a few days of fun with your family each visit, not stock options. I look across the lagoon once or twice. Too busy walking with my kids and enjoying their joy. I am not there to watch the sunset over the lagoon. Best way to show your lack of support for people who likely have more qualifications than you or I is to simply not go. Disney is not going to stay trapped in an era to make a certain generation happy.

Were they able to buff out the horizontal scratches in the left pylon left by the crane harness when they installed them? Took this photo on November 8th and they were still there and pretty deep to the point that I thought they would have to replace that pylon...
B942AD23-0370-4D42-902B-A604C1AD525B.jpeg
D6F21ACD-0EA8-4005-9805-AF03786399EA.jpeg

tirian

Key word in your comment...”old”. Need I remind you that you are buying a ticket to have a few days of fun with your family each visit, not stock options. I look across the lagoon once or twice. Too busy walking with my kids and enjoying their joy. I am not there to watch the sunset over the lagoon. Best way to show your lack of support for people who likely have more qualifications than you or I is to simply not go. Disney is not going to stay trapped in an era to make a certain generation happy.
In that case, you’re overpaying for them to willingly not uphold their own standards which they set from 1955–c. 2015. Nobody wants to literally return to outdated tech or experiences. People do want Disney to return to its standards.

That said, this fountain looks great.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom