News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

tparris

The only things I don’t particularly like about the new fountain are these concrete things sticking up at the base of the pylons. I know they’re there to protect the wiring and lighting fixtures, but I think they somewhat detract from the overall look.
E7C92EEC-1B02-41E4-9D16-AAA67EA89CEC.jpeg

DreamfinderGuy

The only things I don’t particularly like about the new fountain are these concrete things sticking up at the base of the pylons. I know they’re there to protect the wiring and lighting fixtures, but I think they somewhat detract from the overall look.View attachment 520062
I just don't understand why they're there in the first place. The lighting on the original fountain was embedded within the actual fountain, and this thing is a near carbon copy of it. Why are these box things there in the first place? Was there some sort of electrical/structural issue that prevented them from reinstating the old lighting?

tparris

I just don't understand why they're there in the first place. The lighting on the original fountain was embedded within the actual fountain, and this thing is a near carbon copy of it. Why are these box things there in the first place? Was there some sort of electrical/structural issue that prevented them from reinstating the old lighting?
That’s what I was thinking as well. Last week when the wires and lighting were still exposed, I thought they would eventually be lowered into the platform they’re sat on. I guess not.

trainplane3

Along with that, this should be using LEDs which mean no rotating gel lighting setup. Everything should be solid state (and smaller yet more powerful) so I'm confused too. If they put the vertical light beam in the middle (like the concept art) it could very well be to prevent any blinding effect of people walking by and would make sense.

Regardless, the fountain is back and if this is the worse thing then so be it. The entire entrance is a massive upgrade in the end.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

dreday3

brihow

Looks great, except for the weird 'shin guards' at the bottom. I'll probably get hate for this - but even when they get something right, they can only get it like 99% right (at best). There's always a catch.

Anyway yes, this is a massive improvement and we're all very grateful etc.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Zach throws shade on Valiquette by means of scare quotes...

Overnight, our crews removed all the “progress walls” from the main entrance plaza, giving you the first full look at this next major milestone in the park’s historic transformation.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom