News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

Scaffolding is gone:
epcot-entrance-fountain-construction-2.jpg

DisneyNittany

I was born in 1990, went to WDW for the first time in 1999, and didn't get back there until my wife and I started going regularly in 2015....so, I was never able to experience EPCOT Center.

So, with that said, I don't really have much to work with (except for old photos and videos), but this is giving me the Epcot vibe. I can't/won't comment on the upcoming attractions and what not, but I'm excited about the aesthetic direction and can't wait to get back down there once everything is finished.

note2001

Scaffolding is gone:
epcot-entrance-fountain-construction-2.jpg
So I'm assuming right now they're just setting these tiles to make sure they fit, but what are the loops on top of each? Are those handles to help them position and carry?

At first I was hoping there may be a lighting effect on the tiles themselves, but as long as the pillars are lit at dusk additional effects should not be needed.

Seems like the original smooth cascade of water is not returning. This pattern is a huge step up from the mad river riverbed that was there before.

trainplane3

So I'm assuming right now they're just setting these tiles to make sure they fit, but what are the loops on top of each? Are those handles to help them position and carry?

At first I was hoping there may be a lighting effect on the tiles themselves, but as long as the pillars are lit at dusk additional effects should not be needed.

Seems like the original smooth cascade of water is not returning. This pattern is a huge step up from the mad river riverbed that was there before.
The crane behind the fountain was used to lift them into place with those loops:
epcot-entrance-fountain-construction-october-2020-1.jpg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

I'm assuming the loops are so the workers can hold and move them in place gently.

ThatMouse

The concrete slabs look shimmed - I wonder how they are attached to the concrete. It appears the design of the fountain is made so that it can be easy to refurbish and clean.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 504996

Bathroom tiles my foot. The tile provides a sleek and clean aesthetic. Nothing about this inspires me to take a leak.
The previous photo showed blue tiles with white grout, a classic bathroom surface.

This pictures shows no distinct tiles or grouting which doesn't resemble a bathroom surface.

I call them as a I see them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom