News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

HMF

I get the nostalgia for these pylons in the new fountain but I personally don’t see them as this beautiful addition. I feel like they are dwarfed by spaceship earth. I would have liked to of seen a fountain similar to the fountain of nations in that spot. A large fountain with music and synchronized water jets. I think it would scale better and make for a much more dramatic entrance to the park.
Better yet, Just leave the Fountain of Nations as it was and have the best of both worlds but no, That would have made too much sense.

Bocabear

While we are talking about the Fountain Of Nations, it really needed a tech overhaul... it was amazing when it first opened, but there have been many advancements in fountain technology since then and really needed a World Of Color technology upgrade. Also the position of the fountain within the Communicore made it a bottleneck for stopping to watch it...with it being at the narrowest spot... IMO, they should have demolished and rebuilt a newer bigger better fountain dead center of the plaza... it would have made it a centerpiece of the area instead of a side stage attraction. I am thrilled to see the prisms return... Hoping for a newer better FON in the future...

Magic Feather

Wouldn't it make sense for Disney to shift EPCOT's operating hours to the evening and reduce AM hours? I don't see a draw to the park for early morning hours except to be the first in line for an in demand attraction or to be among the first to vlog a pile of dirt that's been moved.
The concern I’ve heard is that it will be harder to enforce the new safety guidelines in the parks after dark, especially this park.
The safety guidelines thing is false.

Fireworks are what held people in Epcot until 9 before. Without them, crowds fizzle in two waves: after the day’s main storm (anywhere between 2 and 7) and around sunset. Epcot’s attendance peaks shortly after park open before slowly dropping.

The only park that didn’t peak around its opening is DAK (because 8 AM is early enough to be prohibitive for some people) which is why its opening time is being pushed to 9.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While we are talking about the Fountain Of Nations, it really needed a tech overhaul... it was amazing when it first opened, but there have been many advancements in fountain technology since then and really needed a World Of Color technology upgrade. Also the position of the fountain within the Communicore made it a bottleneck for stopping to watch it.....
Hardly - unless you got stuck behind a stroller that suddenly stopped. The fountain was fine, it just needed some serious love to fix the multitude of broken parts.

Fireworks are what held people in Epcot until 9 before
Safety is a concern.

RoE in its later years wasn’t holding people in the park. Hourly attendance would drop through the evening (even during food and booze)

RadiatorSpringsRacer

While we are talking about the Fountain Of Nations, it really needed a tech overhaul... it was amazing when it first opened, but there have been many advancements in fountain technology since then and really needed a World Of Color technology upgrade. Also the position of the fountain within the Communicore made it a bottleneck for stopping to watch it...with it being at the narrowest spot... IMO, they should have demolished and rebuilt a newer bigger better fountain dead center of the plaza... it would have made it a centerpiece of the area instead of a side stage attraction. I am thrilled to see the prisms return... Hoping for a newer better FON in the future...

Well, there's always this to keep in mind.

epcot-future-world-overhaul-concept-art-2.jpg

note2001

Fireworks are what held people in Epcot until 9 before. Without them, crowds fizzle in two waves: after the day’s main storm (anywhere between 2 and 7) and around sunset. Epcot’s attendance peaks shortly after park open before slowly dropping.

The only park that didn’t peak around its opening is DAK (because 8 AM is early enough to be prohibitive for some people) which is why its opening time is being pushed to 9.
Google, using phone tracking, says about 3pm is peak depending upon the day of the week.

EPCOT From right now: 3:37pm est

1598038623418.png

DreamfinderGuy

With construction restarting, do we know if there's a new finalized plan for the central spine? Last time I was in the park I heard construction workers around Art of Disney, with that northern staircase door nearby being opened and shut. Photos have shown workers by the West breezeway. Are they moving ahead with knocking West down? I would have to imagine so at this point.

nickys

Premium Member
With construction restarting, do we know if there's a new finalized plan for the central spine? Last time I was in the park I heard construction workers around Art of Disney, with that northern staircase door nearby being opened and shut. Photos have shown workers by the West breezeway. Are they moving ahead with knocking West down? I would have to imagine so at this point.
According to Martin, it’s back to the drawing board, literally. As in they are looking at different options and it has not been decided what the redesign will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom