News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

kevlightyear

Not me. The OCD in me screams "WHY DID YOU PAINT 3/4 of the front of one window a color but go to a natural breakpoint on the back?!?!" I would not have a problem if they painted the entire booth one color or the front and back half of each booth, but stopping 3/4 of the window, WHY?!

I get the OCD thing. But I think the reason the color stops in the middle of a window is because that's how far the color goes on the back side. So in some sense it's symmetrical. Does that make you feel any better? :)

hpyhnt 1000

I...kinda like the new scheme for the ticket booths? No, I can't explain why, and the logical side of my brain keeps screaming I should in no way like this. Weird colors! Strange blocking! And yet...

I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but I do think it's cleaner and brighter than what was there before. Removing the yellow from the ceiling makes a world of difference. Never liked that mix of pink concrete, purple walls, and yellow ceiling from the old scheme. Blegh...

Old:
ec_tickets_703.jpg

New:
Epcot_Full_38279.jpg

At first glance at the article, I thought this was going to look like the horrendous Ben and Jerry's innoventions plaza. But I dig it against the blocks of white and the now-white ceiling. It looks like they are incorporating the new pavilion symbol colors. Looks like a good early step in making the park feel cohesive. I like it.

Good point on the logo colors. The booth colors are very clearly intended to match these. Wonder if the logos were supposed to be included on the ticket booths as well, but were left off since some of these new additions are "paused."

hpyhnt 1000

Noticed this from the Taste Track Burgers and Fries Donut Box thread - with the repainting, the ticket booths and this food kiosk now have very similar looks. So it seems there may be some attempt at park wide consistency (at least in ex-Future World) but we'll see if they actually follow through.

Well it never did make it even after the reopening - taste Track has become the Donut Box.
View attachment 483952

Haymarket2008

Noticed this from the Taste Track Burgers and Fries Donut Box thread - with the repainting, the ticket booths and this food kiosk now have very similar looks. So it seems there may be some attempt at park wide consistency (at least in ex-Future World) but we'll see if they actually follow through.

Also the Donut Box and some of the new Fastpass kiosks on that side fit the World Discovery color schemes: shades of Red.

scoops1801

As part of the entrance work it would be nice if they repaired the lighting that rings the entry courtyard in the ticket booth roof edge and along the perimeter structures. Not sure when the last time that was lit as originally intended.

Disney Analyst

I...kinda like the new scheme for the ticket booths? No, I can't explain why, and the logical side of my brain keeps screaming I should in no way like this. Weird colors! Strange blocking! And yet...

I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but I do think it's cleaner and brighter than what was there before. Removing the yellow from the ceiling makes a world of difference. Never liked that mix of pink concrete, purple walls, and yellow ceiling from the old scheme. Blegh...

Old:
ec_tickets_703.jpg

New:
Epcot_Full_38279.jpg

Good point on the logo colors. The booth colors are very clearly intended to match these. Wonder if the logos were supposed to be included on the ticket booths as well, but were left off since some of these new additions are "paused."

Oh I love the new colors! The are feels brighter and lighter.

I love the new entrance area. What an improvement.

Walt d

I guess this concept art kinda confirms the removal of Communicore/Innoventions East and West. They appear to be gone as you can now see trees and Motion/Test Track and Imagination pavillions.

Also, nice to see the flags with the original Epcot Center logo
Like the greenery for sure, but that pink? How about some blue instead??

jmuboy

Old:
ec_tickets_703.jpg

New:
Epcot_Full_38279.jpg

personally I like the new paint job. And the new signage

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom