News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I would prefer palms as well I assume they are more worried about optics. In the high hurricane force winds that can sometimes rip through there they would inevitably have to add supports to keep them upright since palms have very small roots and therefore little base support. Having this on other palms throughout the property may not be a big deal but since this is the first thing you see when coming into EPCOT then they probably want to avoid that look. This is just my guess and opinion. :)

View attachment 483872

But then you see palms like this too so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 483873
Just an FYI...the bracing on palm trees can be removed after 1-2 years.

aladdin2007

It looks nice but seems kinda bla, except some of the shade sure will be nice. I thought they were going to have topiaries out there or colored flowers?

peter11435

It looks nice but seems kinda bla, except some of the shade sure will be nice. I thought they were going to have topiaries out there or colored flowers?
It’s not done.

Also the parks are just now reopening and many things are not yet back to normal across property. Notice the lack of hanging flower baskets in the Magic Kingdom. Lots of departments don’t have their full staffing or funding yet.

MrPromey

I agree with others that the two trees in the middle seem out of place.

In addition to reducing a major photo op spot, I recall many of the topiary displays taking up this entire area and being viewed with different elements coming and going.

I guess this puts and end to that.

carnini

I think it looks GREAT!!! Last time I was there it was hot out and that front area was just baking in the heat and not inviting at all. AND I had a leave a legacy on one of the monoliths , sad to see them go but it looks much better.

ANYONE know if the leave a legacy images are displayed outside Epcot? I know that was the plan initially

donsullivan

Premium Member

In addition to reducing a major photo op spot, I recall many of the topiary displays taking up this entire area and being viewed with different elements coming and going.

The trees in the middle may be there to cover up the construction crews while they are rebuilding the fountain and restoring the sculpture in the middle. Then, once that is finished they can remove the trees as part of the reveal. Less construction in your photos until its all done.

Last edited:

OvertheHorizon

The concept art for Epcot's new entry shows four flowering trees in that center planter. Although they've also used it in the past to put up displays related to the current festival (Spring Flower & Garden, Food & Wine, or Holidays). Once the fountain is finished, there should be good views of SSE from right behind that center planter.

Clamman73

I'm not too thrilled with those trees front and center that are partially blocking the view of Spaceship Earth.
The greenery surrounding is ok.
I hear ya...But I think once the prisms are back though, it’s gonna be a popular spot to take a pic. However, those middle trees should have (looking at concept art) pink blossoms next spring and maybe there’s supposed to be some topiary in the middle, so it’ll still be a nice place for a pic.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I welcome reducing the photo op. It made that area feel congested. Push it to the sides to improve crowd flow. It might be a temporary thing for Covid.

ppete1975

Love, love, LOVE!
Things that still bother me (because I’ll never be satisfied)

1.) What is with the trees in the center planter blocking SSE?

2.)Flanking one side of SSE is one tree. The other side has been two trees for years. Get rid of them and bring back the palm trees!
they will really block the first view of space ship earth in a few years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom