News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

pdude81

There is now a poll in the general discussion section on the factual question of when Pandora was announced.

2011 has 5 votes, 2013 has 0. Shocker!

Let me start by saying I don't know when the land was announced.

But I'm curious about this concept of polling as fact. Are polls ever wrong?

peter11435

There is now a poll in the general discussion section on the factual question of when Pandora was announced.

2011 has 5 votes, 2013 has 0. Shocker!
If polls were always right we would have a different president right now.

Perception may become an individuals reality but that does not make it reality.

I’m sure most participating in your poll start by a google search and run with the first date that pops up. Obviously the first mentions of avatar and Disney will be from 2011.

It’s interesting that at present there is a vote for 2012. A year that makes no logical sense.

pdude81

I’m sure most participating in your poll start by a google search and run with the first date that pops up. Obviously the first mentions of avatar and Disney will be from 2011.

It’s interesting that at present there is a vote for 2012. A year that makes no logical sense.

Is there an option for January 1, 1970 at midnight?

No Name

We haven't had a good "how long did it take to build" throw-down for a while now. ;)

I am not arguing anything about how long it took to build Pandora, and I’m incredibly confused as to why people keep bringing that up.

Let me start by saying I don't know when the land was announced.

But I'm curious about this concept of polling as fact. Are polls ever wrong?

Until yesterday I didn't think the fact that Pandora was announced in 2011 could possibly be disputed.

2011 comes up because that’s when it was announced.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are we distinguishing the times between when Disney and Cameron announced a partnership to bring a land based on Avatar the movie to a Disney park from the the time that Disney and Cameron announced that that Avatar land was going to be "Pandora"?

No Name

Disney4life2008’s foolish comments a few pages back about construction timelines are unrelated to what I am stating about the announcement date. I thought I said that yesterday.

Are we distinguishing the times between when Disney and Cameron announced a partnership to bring a land based on Avatar the movie to a Disney park from the the time that Disney and Cameron announced that that Avatar land was going to be "Pandora"?

By that same logic, they announced a Star Wars land in 2015 and announced that the Star Wars land was going to be “Galaxy’s Edge” in 2017.

Homemade Imagineering

Attachments

• 003D52DD-A419-47BF-8E5C-CEA4F44BBE1C.jpeg
    003D52DD-A419-47BF-8E5C-CEA4F44BBE1C.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 77

RSoxNo1

Pandora was not announced in 2011. A partnership between Disney and Cameron to bring avatar to the parks was announced in late 2011. Pandora itself was not announced until late 2013. Construction began at the beginning of 2014. The land opened in the first half of 2017. It was roughly 5.5 years from deal announcement to the land opening and roughly 3.5 years from the land being announced to the land opening and slightly over 3 years of construction.
Incorrect.

September 20, 2011: Disney announced via press conference and on the Disney Parks Blog that they have partnered with James Cameron to develop a new land in the Animal Kingdom based on the movie Avatar. A follow up Disney Parks Blog post featured questions and answers from Tom Staggs, the Heads of Parks and Resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom