News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

jt04

I am not sure if the art work that was released for future world shows it or not but, will the new walkways around center area exist when construction is complete? In some ways, it looks nice not to have to go all the way past SSE to go to the east and west sections. I have not been there since construction began so it may not be an ugly way to go.
Anyone else have an opinion?

There won't be any shortage of walkways or means to get from any 'point a' to any 'point b'.
World Showcase will still be a trek though.
IMO.

No Name

@marni1971 Why was the original dedication plaque removed? I believe every park except for Epcot and California Adventure still have their original plaques. Even Hollywood Studios still has the MGM one.

I'm guessing the current one will be replaced as well once this project is complete.

Epcot’s plaque was just remade with the original dedication remaining, at least. It even refers to the park as EPCOT Center despite that no longer being the name. California Adventure was the worst offender, it in no way needed a “rededication” from Bob Iger.

Bob Chapek, don’t go rededicating Epcot!

Monorail_Red_77

On Saturday Feb 29 was waiting in queue for SSE on East side. Since the back of SSE is now blocked off and just an exit for the post show building, I enjoyed listing to the SSE audio loop. I couldn’t remember if it was always playing and you just couldn’t hear it over the Innoventions loop or is this a new thing. I ride it every few MK ths but still can’t remember. LOL Any thoughts on this. Am I going crazy? Also was fun to watch people rushing past me as we were exiting SSE trying to go through what was central spine. I nicely gave a few tips to turn around and head either one way or another to get where they needed to go. I gave up after helping about 4 groups. LOL Then I just started laughing. I mean there’s a giant construct wall in the way. Can’t make it more obvious than that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
On Saturday Feb 29 was waiting in queue for SSE on East side. Since the back of SSE is now blocked off and just an exit for the post show building, I enjoyed listing to the SSE audio loop. I couldn’t remember if it was always playing and you just couldn’t hear it over the Innoventions loop or is this a new thing. I ride it every few MK ths but still can’t remember. LOL Any thoughts on this. Am I going crazy? Also was fun to watch people rushing past me as we were exiting SSE trying to go through what was central spine. I nicely gave a few tips to turn around and head either one way or another to get where they needed to go. I gave up after helping about 4 groups. LOL Then I just started laughing. I mean there’s a giant construct wall in the way. Can’t make it more obvious than that.

The BGM has played since 2007 from the flower bed queue planters but the volume has just dropped and dropped since then.

hpyhnt 1000

The BGM has played since 2007 from the flower bed queue planters but the volume has just dropped and dropped since then.

It’s not very long if I remember correctly? Really more a theme medley on constant loop than actual BGM.

As nice as it is, I could see how tiring it would be to listen to constantly. Even the IASW loop is longer and has more musical variation.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Saw this permit for an expansion of the the Epcot parking lot.

3/6/2020 - Epcot - Jr Davis Construction Company Inc
Journey Parking lot and canal - Clear trees and structures for expansion of the Journey Parking lot and install

This is the Journey parking lot...

1583541136468.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom