News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

DreamfinderGuy

@marni1971 Why was the original dedication plaque removed? I believe every park except for Epcot and California Adventure still have their original plaques. Even Hollywood Studios still has the MGM one.

I'm guessing the current one will be replaced as well once this project is complete.
They removed the area where it used to sit and replaced it with pavement, so it got remade and relocated to the front entrance

trainplane3

Thank you. I guess it is true that the place in tore up something awful. It will be nice when finished though.
It's hilariously bad. Walking up to the front gates and seeing walls and dirt. It really is something else to see in person.

We had a relative of a friend down there on a random day on our trip. They wanted to do Epcot but we stressed to avoid it due to the mess. It was their first time ever to WDW and they only had one day (from 10am to 9pm) so we didn't want them to deal with the parks current condition. They were very glad they went to MK with us after I showed them pictures of what they avoided.

Movielover

It's hilariously bad. Walking up to the front gates and seeing walls and dirt. It really is something else to see in person.

We had a relative of a friend down there on a random day on our trip. They wanted to do Epcot but we stressed to avoid it due to the mess. It was their first time ever to WDW and they only had one day (from 10am to 9pm) so we didn't want them to deal with the parks current condition. They were very glad they went to MK with us after I showed them pictures of what they avoided.

You should have seen DCA in 2010, it was even worse!

Walls for days!

Soluna16

Unless they start working like 3x faster than they have been and work 24/7, it’s not gonna be ready by next week

Based on the work done so far today it still looks like it'll be done next week, looks like they'll be pouring concrete tomorrow or Saturday.

tparris

Based on the work done so far today it still looks like it'll be done next week, looks like they'll be pouring concrete tomorrow or Saturday.
It won’t be done next week. They started pouring concrete before they even laid the framework for the planters. 2 of the new planters still aren’t there and the fountain has a ways to go.

Surferboy567

So...what is the deal with the festival center? Do any insiders want to comment on this? Shouldn't they of started to build this structure already or am I being too optimistic? Isn't it supposed to be done for the 50th/Harmonious?

jt04

So...what is the deal with the festival center? Do any insiders want to comment on this? Shouldn't they of started to build this structure already or am I being too optimistic? Isn't it supposed to be done for the 50th/Harmonious?

They almost certainly have to remove all the demolition material and equipment first. I would guess by the end of March though.

Was thinking about how interesting some of the views of SSE will be once the hanging gardens and forest are placed 3 stories above round level. The views from outside the pavilion as well as inside the pavilion will be amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom