News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Father Robinson

What are the odds of the trees right next to SSE going away and/or a return of palm trees to flank it? Not against trees, but now for some reason these seem a bit out of place.

Screenshot_20191224-122844_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191224-123021_Chrome.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Not to whine, but does it seem to anyone else that they could easilly pick up the pace here? Reminds me of watching the MK hub being rebuilt.

Agree, seems they could be going a bit faster on some of this. Still, one thing I am glad about this project is the minimal tree carnage. Wonderful to see so many of the decades old live oaks and southern magnolias left in place.

Once this entrance area is wrapped up, are there plans to overhaul the Epcot bus loop, similar to what they did with DHS? It really needs help as it's easily the least attractive bus area on property.

note2001

Agree, seems they could be going a bit faster on some of this. Still, one thing I am glad about this project is the minimal tree carnage. Wonderful to see so many of the decades old live oaks and southern magnolias left in place.

Once this entrance area is wrapped up, are there plans to overhaul the Epcot bus loop, similar to what they did with DHS? It really needs help as it's easily the least attractive bus area on property.
Those bus stops have needed attention for years. At the moment the drop off area is arguably dangerous for those families who have little ones that may dart all around. I'm sure it's not a favorite of the bus drivers.

I realized this last fall after I hurt my ankle that it was easier to take a bus to DHS and then the double Skyliner trip into EPCOT than it was to hoof it in from that drop off point that made us feel like we were navigating anywhere other than Disney property. If heading into Future World it was still shorter to use the direct bus to EPCOT, but not nearly as fun.

tparris

The forbidden site has new photos of the new surface tiles being put on the entrance fountain. Looks pretty nice! Although I have to wonder, how do they plan on replacing the old concrete “ring” encircling the fountain that’s still outside of the construction walls? (Circled in red, second photo)
C41FD74E-5CD6-46EE-8B36-B554795065BE.jpeg
3C7F3D68-A85C-4204-8E37-0D86081069BA.jpeg

peter11435

The forbidden site has new photos of the new surface tiles being put on the entrance fountain. Looks pretty nice! Although I have to wonder, how do they plan on replacing the old concrete “ring” encircling the fountain that’s still outside of the construction walls? (Circled in red, second photo)View attachment 439795View attachment 439796
Walls can easily be shifted. Also walls are not necessary if it’s simply pulling existing concrete and pouring new. The do pull and pours all over property daily without walls. Just ropes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom