News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

Current status:

And since Bio posted a full quality copy, click on the picture to get all of that extra detail:
EId04k8XsAIALlc.jpg:orig

IMDREW

I think what you’re seeing is new concrete in the turn section, new blacktop where it drops off/load and further down faded older blacktop.
Yeah I know what I'm seeing 😆

But my question was more why? I understand the new blacktop should fade over time and get more in line with the old, but why is the turn section that light great concrete and not also blacktop?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah I know what I'm seeing 😆

But my question was more why? I understand the new blacktop should fade over time and get more in line with the old, but why is the turn section that light great concrete and not also blacktop?

I would guess b/c of the turning in that area the tram tires would tear up the blacktop vs concrete more so over time.
This ^^^

Concrete is a much more durable road material than asphalt and that turn will see a lot more in the way of wear and tear than a straightaway would.

azox

So do we know what kind of lighting will be in this new entrance? I assume they are destroying the up lighting that is there, so I wonder what they will put in to replace it. The concept art didn't show much from what I could see in the way of lighting. (except for a sparkling Space ship earth)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom