News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The child is walking, so, is the carriage moving along side of him, like a dog? Is he in charge of the baby?

Jubb_Jubb

Any educated guesses on when the entrance construction might wrap up? Totally selfish reasons. Headed there in Dec. I love the look of the reimagined entrance artwork. Would love to see that rather than walls.

roj2323

Any educated guesses on when the entrance construction might wrap up? Totally selfish reasons. Headed there in Dec. I love the look of the reimagined entrance artwork. Would love to see that rather than walls.

It's a pretty safe bet that most of the entry hardscape work will be done. You will likely see some walls still up depending on when in December you show up but it should be clear come the holidays. Inside the park will be another matter however as I fully expect Demolition of inoventions West to be well under way.

Goofyernmost

I just LOVE the character of this. However... one can do wonders with the environmental treatments in art. Any optics on if the geodesic dome will have updated lighting or those points of light shown here? Would be a really nice touch.
Getting the trees to change to autumn colors is a nice touch too. I wonder how they are going to pull that off.

junglecruise93

Looks like there will be a light source of some type (possibly an LED-based RGB fixture) at each point of each triangle around the globe that would allow various patterns of light to be created as well as "points of light" that could provide a random sparkle effect as shown in the drawings.

note2001

Getting the trees to change to autumn colors is a nice touch too. I wonder how they are going to pull that off.
There are a number of deciduous trees in Florida that briefly turn color as they prepare to drop their leaves.
Personally, I prefer evergreens around Disney property because when I trek from the naked trees of the north to Florida in winter, it's not a relief from the reminder of what waits back at home to see more empty branches.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are a number of deciduous trees in Florida that briefly turn color as they prepare to drop their leaves.
Personally, I prefer evergreens around Disney property because when I trek from the naked trees of the north to Florida in winter, it's not a relief from the reminder of what waits back at home to see more empty branches.

Can I see one of those three trees in Orlando? And are the other two any where near the first?

Goofyernmost

Exactly! To be honest I always used to go down there in February when the trees were barren and ugly in Vermont and I don't remember ever seeing any trees that were without leaves. I might have been to focused on the green then any other ones.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We have 2 red maples in our backyard. While they are pretty for that week they turn red, they look like a skeleton for a couple of months after. All those leaves also make for a lot of clean up.

I would think the clean up issue alone would be enough to keep them out of widespread use at the parks if operations has any say in the matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom