News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

West is scheduled to be all removed. East is scheduled to remain with modifications. The east (to MS) breezeway should remain an outdoor throughfare albeit minus the roof. Sadly.

I’m hoping to clarify this soon.
Sounds like a good idea to remove a roof because Florida never ever gets rain and people never like to take breaks from the sun.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

tparris

West is scheduled to be all removed. East is scheduled to remain with modifications. The east (to MS) breezeway should remain an outdoor throughfare albeit minus the roof. Sadly.

I’m hoping to clarify this soon.
I’ve been wondering, how are they going to handle the demo of West, but keep the breezeway open? Unless they open a backstage path for guests to use temporarily?

tparris

At a hunch demolish enough of the building to build a walkway. Close the rest and demo that. Kind of like Leave a Tombstone.

Such a wrong decision.
I’m curious as to how they’re going to demolish the roof of the breezeway. If they demolish half of the building first, the breezeway roof would be coming down with it

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m curious as to how they’re going to demolish the roof of the breezeway. If they demolish half of the building first, the breezeway roof would be coming down with it
It’s an over engineered steel framed behemoth. The roof will come down when they want it to.

For example they could remove the Art of Disney which was a 1994 addition, make that a pathway to the Seas, remove everything around to Fountainview, open the breezeway path that’s now minus a roof, demolish Fountainview and Club Cool, then reroute the path back to where the breezeway used to be.

One things for sure. The numerous, easy to capture photos of the impending demise will make for uneasy viewing for many people. Myself included.

HauntedMansionFLA

My big question is why. What’s the appeal to taking down CC West when the space is massive and easily expandable? Seems like it would be cost effective and much more appealing just to retrofit rather than destroy and rebuild.
People in the construction business say is easier and cheaper to knock down and rebuild. Plus, you have fire codes etc. ect.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
People in the construction business say is easier and cheaper to knock down and rebuild. Plus, you have fire codes etc. ect.
This is quite true. It is not a universal constant for every project, but I have seen numerous projects made much more expensive, complicated, etc., due to an ARB or HPS requiring a remodel vs demo and new construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom