News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are you sure about that ? Not arguing, just curious

For a few reasons
1) The new layout will likely need new infrastructure elements ran... so they will have to tear up at least some of the old
2) They won't leave the lights/etc in place.. so that too will require ripping out and replacing/substituting a LOT of places
3) The old foundations need to come out.. and those elevated pads you see in the photos.. so that will have to be pulled out and filled in with something
4) The new layout may possibly call for new surfaces in general... vs the slurry design there now

Put all those things together.. and the difficulty of mixing old and new and looking good.. I think its highly likely they would go 'clean slate' as it will be quicker, cheaper, and more consistent.

They could just replace the panels.. as they already have all the splits everywhere... but given they are getting a whole new design... and lots of new elements to be placed around...

It is kinda curious tho the pad they ripped out they did cleanly tho. I'm genuinely curious to what they do.. should be fun to watch.

note2001

Progress! *insert happy feelings here*
Can't wait to see the updated version of the fountain and gardens.
Curious if we'll see more photo spots created verses just that one that tended to get a back up of people waiting.

Obobru

They are removing the bases so carefully it looks like they will fill the holes and remove the walls rather than doing any other work for now. I do hope they remove the lights in the paving also as they can be slippy/trip hazards just randomly left in the paving with no purpose.

Goofyernmost

I would think that they can just cut the power to the lights, remove the fixtures and fill in the holes. It really depends on what the plans are for that area. They may need new infrastructure or they might be able in incorporate some existing infrastructure into the new design. Time will tell I guess.

Sky

I’m trying to figure out the guest access driven phasing on this. I wonder if they take out the monoliths, fill them, then reopen those areas. Once those areas become guest access, they rip out the central bed (and it’s irrigation and electric hookups) and construct the new beds, tree allees, etc, reopen the central spine then complete the two wings. That way they can prevent the lopsided reveal of just one side. For mainly landscape, it’s a really dynamic project.

DisneyCane

I wonder if they will repurpose the stone for counter tops? I'm only partially joking, The back sides could be finished and used in bathrooms around WDW.

JayKZ

They're slick granite...they'd be terrible coasters. Your drinks would slip right off. You know what, they were terrible set pieces for the entrance so it only makes sense to continue the tradition of failing at their job.
You're not thinking like a Disney Marketing Genius (TM). Offer a tile with a honed finish. "Looks 40%less slick." Create a silicone protective "Legacy Coaster Keeper" for lifetime protection of your treasured Disney artifact. Offer various sizes as trivets and cheese boards (available to AP holders for 20 visits to F&W). Possibilities limited only by the quantity of granite available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom