News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

note2001

I just don't see why removing the photos (which I imagine is probably a pretty significant effort) and destroying them is somehow more respectful than just destroying the monoliths and photos together....
My guess: Disney plans on making pins from the monuments and selling each for
PINK

Last edited:

mm121

The site that shall not be named has some on twitter. Basically one small monolith gone, foundation still there. Photo plaques almost all removed.
I wonder if they will focus on removing all the stones first and just pave this side then remove the stones on the other side before actually working on reconstructing it with the new planters etc.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wonder if they will focus on removing all the stones first and just pave this side then remove the stones on the other side before actually working on reconstructing it with the new planters etc.
If it’s like when they installed them they’ll complete this side, then move all traffic over to it and enclose the other side / two thirds.

brb1006

If it’s like when they installed them they’ll complete this side, then move all traffic over to it and enclose the other side / two thirds.
Hey Martin, do you have any photos of the construction of the Leave A Legacy monoliths leading up to the Millennium Celebration? I remember seeing them from one of your tribute videos.

Creathir

I personally would pay for our two tiles, particularly if Disney is just scrapping the original plates.

My brother and I purchased them in 2005 and we go and look at them every time we visit.

It’s silly, and I understand the disdain folks have for the presentation, particularly in the front of the park, but it still was cool going and looking at this crummy low res, barely distinguishable version of yourself IN one of your most favorite places on Earth.

Unlike the bricks, cutting the plates up and offering a way to purchase the tiles would be feasible, and I’d gladly pay for our two tiles, they’d make pretty awesome charms to put on our mother’s charm bracelet...

flynnibus

Premium Member
when you think about it... they'll be removing ALL the surface concrete too. All that lighting and infrastructure will come out.. so they'll break all that up right to dirt and below.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom