News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

ImperfectPixie

So, was it ever official that the pictures are being reprinted? Because it seems like the going message here is that you people still think that they’re just moving the tiles
I can't remember where, but I read that the tiles are getting a "refresh", which to me says that the damaged ones (like NSYNC) will be reprinted.

peter11435

I can't remember where, but I read that the tiles are getting a "refresh", which to me says that the damaged ones (like NSYNC) will be reprinted.
I would expect them all to be refreshed not just those that were damaged. It’s unlikely their new location will require them to be in the same slanted format they are currently displayed and the organizational system will likely be changed as well.

Kman101

I know this is asking a lot for some of you to exercise a degree of restraint and sensitivity, but kindly refrain from posting memes and joking about the LaL monuments. For some of us, our tiles ARE literal memorials, and finding that fact humorous for internet points is particularly disgusting.

In my case, my grandfather's tile was made on what would be his final visit to Disney. Even after the hundreds of visits I've made to WDW over the years, this particular day I still remember quite vividly (his parents immigrated from Norway and he particularly enjoyed his lunch at Akeshus) as I got to spend some time in one of my favorite places with one of my favorite people. The tile made made me smile every time I saw it and is one of the few tangible reminders I have of a great man: Navy veteran, public school teacher, Mason, church elder, volunteer and the kindest person I've ever known.

Look, I'm perfectly fine with the monuments being removed and the tiles being relocated outside the main entrance. They aren't particularly aesthetically pleasing and they severely restrict guest flow, so this will help everyone. I just find the unmitigated glee and jovity in their removal distasteful and disrespectful.

No one is deliberately being insensitive but I understand how you could be upset (do you honestly think anyone enjoying them leaving realizes the importance it has to some? Nope).

They'll be moved to a new location so you can continue to visit and see the pictures. No one's wanting the images destroyed. And I'm not sorry the monoliths are being removed. I do understand where you are coming from but maybe it's a case of looking for a problem and being outraged over something innocent. It's not like folks are laughing at your specific picture being removed and destroyed. The pictures aren't being destroyed.

note2001

I was kinda hoping that this thread would be like the BAH thread, where we would see daily destruction/dismantling photos.
I assume Disney will be removing the photo plates for relocation before the monuments themselves are moved. Not much to see there other than a bunch of imagineers popping off detaching the plaques.

mlayton144

Just curious , how do you think this dismantling of tombstones will occur ? Some kind of wrecking ball job in 1 day (most efficient) or something more delicate ? I would think the wrecking ball would be the least impact to guests since they could pulverize those puppies in no time

DznyRktekt

If the original plates are not relocated, what would stop Disney from having a digital display where you call up your image via magic band? Perhaps wording in the contract?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If the original plates are not relocated, what would stop Disney from having a digital display where you call up your image via magic band? Perhaps wording in the contract?

Probably nothing. I believe the contract only says that the images must be on display up until a certain date. A digital display I think would qualify.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom