News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

brb1006

Looks better already...
org_dsc04809-1068x712.jpg

More here as mentioned above:

This sites report on it: https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...nd-leave-a-legacy-at-epcots-main-entrance.htm
I'm so looking forward to seeing the new look for the fountain.

Goofyernmost

The bottom of Bay Lake would be a good place...
Nope, unless they can find a good use for them in a Disney location they will be someones kitchen counter tops before to long. Way to valuable to just destroy. I suspect if they can get the pictures off them easily with no damage that some will be the surface that they will all accumulate on for display at their new location. Otherwise, many a dinner will be prepared on them without the knowledge that they ever had a different purpose.

Walt d

I think that looks great. The entrance looks beautiful and I am so glad to see the gravestones gone. The interactive play city sounds interesting. If its done well, it could be really cool!
They should get rid of the tombstones like they got rid of the bricks . Glad to see the, Plexi monolith back . And a Fountain. With green space .

Aries1975

Well, technically it did start in 2001.

The beginning of the end started in 2007 with "Leave A Legacy sales finally ended June 16, 2007, despite enough unsold space for at least another 150,000 photos. The information kiosks and the Photo Capture Stations were removed, but the monoliths stayed." It was discussed that it would go away in 2015 (at least, that's when this picture is from). It's just now actually being removed.
I am certain it started earlier. It was one of the odd things included in the "grand plan" when we went for our honeymoon in 1998.

Attachments

• IMG_20161113_1520592.jpg
    IMG_20161113_1520592.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 67

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom