News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

MickeyMouse10

You mean the "Intellectual Property Cash-grab of Today" ;)

Yep, they honestly don't care anymore. Frozen in Norway and Guardians in Futureworld make no sense. "Star Lord took a picture at Epcot." What? Who cares?

I would have been up for a Wall-E ride. It could have been about recycling and/or not becoming obese slobs in the future.

Sky

Was the infrastructure/drainage work to the northwest of the park entrance for the now-dead hotels? Or was that just strategic planning and getting the new canals underway?

tparris

Was the infrastructure/drainage work to the northwest of the park entrance for the now-dead hotels? Or was that just strategic planning and getting the new canals underway?
When I was there on April 1st a security guy working at the monorail station said it’s for water management to enable them to build stuff there. That could be for anything and I don’t know if there are plans for that or not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It started when the word was the hotels were a go. So, they probably just went ahead and finished it for the future. This plot would be for a hotel (or even a new attraction) behind the Seas and Land.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

0D158170-A090-4B72-8EA4-264E740E493A.jpeg
51ADC44A-3906-45B9-A408-7DACD29B517B.jpeg
70127A5E-895A-4593-A3B2-8E44AD0BF93B.jpeg
F9433F47-66C1-40D7-A74E-D5BE0EA17DCE.jpeg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I love that they are getting rid of the tombstones. But the rest of the park is changing too much from the original theme. They may need to change the name of the park.

"Experimental Prototype Community of... whatever will sell a t-shirt."

Break out the shovels to dig that up did ya? Everyone knows that EPCOT died with Walt... what was built was more of a homage than an implementation. Move along, not crushed dreams here for you to see.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When I was there on April 1st a security guy working at the monorail station said it’s for water management to enable them to build stuff there. That could be for anything and I don’t know if there are plans for that or not.
It started when the word was the hotels were a go. So, they probably just went ahead and finished it for the future. This plot would be for a hotel (or even a new attraction) behind the Seas and Land.
There’s still a desire for a hotel. Just not over the park entrance.

Kman101

LOL, I'm referring to the original park theming. The one where they wanted to actually showcase the future and not have IP's shoehorned in.

It was a great concept that could wow again under the right team.

Unfortunately that park is dead :(

IPcot is our immediate future. I've tried hoping for the best but they still can't use an implement IPs that make sense. I give up.

MickeyMouse10

It was a great concept that could wow again under the right team.

Unfortunately that park is dead :(

IPcot is our immediate future. I've tried hoping for the best but they still can't use an implement IPs that make sense. I give up.

Yep, if Disney keeps going this route we may be seeing a World Showcase made up of

Monstropolis
Arendelle
Cars Land
Metroville
Agrabah
Hoth
San Fransokyo
Atlantis
Mt Olympus

note2001

Venting...

Small gripe here that I'm sure only I care about: Disney smacks down trees like they're weeds. One of the redeeming factors to the entrance outside of the gates is that there are a ton of trees there, making it feel calm and cared for. Looks like the new construction fences will be encircling the bulk of them at the monorail station, hence bye bye.

Disney does replant to some extent, but older trees are far better for clean air than young ones.

Vent over. Sorry... I'm still steamed that Disney will recreate their parking lots and not consider using the humanized space for raised solar panels, but gives no thought to mowing down acres and acres of healthy trees for these massive solar farms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom