News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

It wasn’t exactly central. And very modern.
I didn't really mean central like that concept but more like the overall design. Specifically how both pieces of it were curved into itself. I'm only thinking this because you know they would latch onto the whole "Walt designed this tower!" mindset.

Or was it another unimaginative gray block?
fad8e9a5d5fabe6297afa3fe6e93bb6e.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I didn't really mean central like that concept but more like the overall design. Specifically how both pieces of it were curved into itself. I'm only thinking this because you know they would latch onto the whole "Walt designed this tower!" mindset.

fad8e9a5d5fabe6297afa3fe6e93bb6e.jpg
It wasn’t exactly this. Very modern. Very glass. I’ll refresh my memory later, remind me.

It would have obliterated the view of SSE from the Imag area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

You didn’t remind me!

Three or so towers, two on west and one on east. Tallest on south west, 15 floors. Squares. Lots of glass. A Tron coaster style roof over the heavily remodelled buildings. A cross between the new swolphin tower style and an Apple store.

And lots of plants.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Wasn't there EARLY concept art for Epcot when it had this layout that would have had more pavilions themed to different countries out behind, possibly where the international gateway is now....that possibly had a hotel themed to that country? I think it was mentioned in one of Marty Sklar's panels during Epcot's 25th

lazyboy97o

Wasn't there EARLY concept art for Epcot when it had this layout that would have had more pavilions themed to different countries out behind, possibly where the international gateway is now....that possibly had a hotel themed to that country? I think it was mentioned in one of Marty Sklar's panels during Epcot's 25th
The Four Corners of the World in WestCOT had hotels integrated into each section.

trainplane3

You didn’t remind me!

Three or so towers, two on west and one on east. Tallest on south west, 15 floors. Squares. Lots of glass. A Tron coaster style roof over the heavily remodelled buildings. A cross between the new swolphin tower style and an Apple store.

And lots of plants.
Who seriously thinks sticking a 15 story block in the middle of FW is a good idea? Can we get a @MisterPenguin or @marni1971 to do a Google earth drawing? Terrible ideas interest me for some sad reason. I'm picturing a squarish BLT and and two smaller squares (roughly) flanking it.

Using BLT as an example since it is 15 stories.

Also... well soooooorrryyyyy mister for the lack of reminder! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Epcot_Imagineer

I know that Epcot itself will have walls up for the foreseeable future, but do we have an est. completion date on the reconstruction that just started today? I believe the portion right now is just bag-check/tram station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom