News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

bUU

The experience of poor crowd flow?
No. It is about the experience of walking past the tile artwork. It is about the experience of transitioning from the outside to the inside of this expansive space with its specific decoration. It is about the experience of walking down into the roots of the building to see what it has to offer.

Imagination and Seabase Alpha both went in the other direction.
You challenge the way they have you enter The Land, but not Seabase Alpha? Maybe it is just that one appeals to your personal interests and the other does not. They both send you on a journey to get from the outside to the attractions rather than giving you a straight hallway. That's the difference between what Epcot was originally, a set of themed pavilions, and what you seem to expect, a bunch of buildings with rides and shows.

sedati

No. It is about the experience of walking past the tile artwork. It is about the experience of transitioning from the outside to the inside of this expansive space with its specific decoration. It is about the experience of walking down into the roots of the building to see what it has to offer.

You challenge the way they have you enter The Land, but not Seabase Alpha? Maybe it is just that one appeals to your personal interests and the other does not. They both send you on a journey to get from the outside to the attractions rather than giving you a straight hallway. That's the difference between what Epcot was originally, a set of themed pavilions, and what you seem to expect, a bunch of buildings with rides and shows.
Could the tile not exist if this entrance were at ground level? Could it also have not been a straight hallway that you so dislike? And wouldn't it make more sense as far as what the tiles depict?

As it is we ascend from the layers of the earth into a bright open area. Then we go down as you said into the roots of the building. That's metaphorical death. We were born up from the soil and now are descending back into it.

Wouldn't it make more sense for us to come in from the earth, see the glass and sky above and ascend- you know, like a seed?

The journey to Seabase Alpha was long, but to my point, it was a completely linear experience with masterful crowdflow. No one was getting lost or confused on their way. And again to my point, once we are dropped off into a self-guided area, it is done in a way that is most convenient and efficient.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
You challenge the way they have you enter The Land, but not Seabase Alpha? Maybe it is just that one appeals to your personal interests and the other does not.

See base alpha had a purpose to its limited access and path taken. It rewarded you for that constrained trip with story, experiences, and effects.

I’ve never experienced anything I’d describe as purpose or adventure to walk all the way up that hill... to turn around and go right back down again on escalators to cross a food court.

The tree of life and bugs threaten has purpose and experience to how it leads you into the structure.

The land has always just felt like a long pointless walk and funneling into escalators

EpcotMark

Should we be excited for that mysterious brown box in the back right next to imagination...or its inclusion in the art just noise?
In my opinion that brown box in the back right is artistic license. Maybe they were trying to show the mexico building in the World Showcase and put it on the wrong side.

phi2134

In my opinion that brown box in the back right is artistic license. Maybe they were trying to show the mexico building in the World Showcase and put it on the wrong side.
Feels like Disney would hire someone who would know the existing mexico pavilion is located at :) They usually dont create huge buildings that don't currently exist and if they did it wouldn't probably be a giant brown building....something prettier would probably be chosen..like a big blue building :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I saw an old photo posted on twitter of the leave a legacy stuff being built, and it seemed to be mostly metal framework with the stone looking panels just on the face of them....in other words, it may not take them too long to remove that stuff, especially if they're only preserving the tiles.

sedati

It is about the experience of walking down into the roots of the building to see what it has to offer.
A masterclass of design:

Look what they did to poor Kitchen Kabaret. Hid it in a dark corner under an over-pass that bisected its facade.

MisterPenguin, if you're out there, could you please work your magic and tell me how far you have to walk from the entryway of this pavilion before you reach anything of note.

There's much to love about vintage Epcot Center, but not ALL of it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
MisterPenguin, if you're out there, could you please work your magic and tell me how far you have to walk from the entryway of this pavilion before you reach anything of note.

265 ft.

And before that, its 635 ft from rounding the Innoventions corner just to get to The Land's front door.

(don't forget the at-symbol in front of a name to light up the Penguin Signal... @MisterPenguin ! ;) )

montyz81

could you please work your magic and tell me how far you have to walk from the entryway of this pavilion before you reach anything of note.
I bet it is a similar distance to walk into the first gate for Sorin. Most people would be looking at the farmhouse on LWTL before making the first turn to walk down the ramp to Sorin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom