News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

The Empress Lilly

For this: it represents a recognition of nostalgia and beauty that needs to be a permanent concern in Epcot. Doesn’t forgive the bad choices recently made...but it’s a good step.
I'm still tempted to enter, ride SSE, do The Land, then leave again straight away while the great unwashed entertains itself with beer & coasters. But at least it will be a pretty flash visit.

brb1006

Sure, I've got that wand right here. Why don't you bend over and

We're still trying to undo all the damage of that era. Weird to think though that both RoE and the Wand are products of that same celebration. Some of the best and worst of EPCOT ever.
At least the commercials were good.

Sneak Peek of the celebration from 1998

The theme song for the celebration "Celebrate the future Hand in Hand"

"The Millenian Celebration" (1999) along with the "100 Years Of Magic" (2001) was one of last major celebrations that Walt Disney World actually put effort and went all out.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sure, I've got that wand right here. Why don't you bend over and

We're still trying to undo all the damage of that era. Weird to think though that both RoE and the Wand are products of that same celebration. Some of the best and worst of EPCOT ever.

I actually liked the wand, but only for the Millennium Celebration. Should have come down after that.

wlodge_man

I know that not everyone is a fan of the Leave a Legacy "art", tomb stones, or other names given to this area over the years. I am pleased that they are moving it and we will still have access to it. The new area inside the entrance will be much nicer and Disney didn't alienate a bunch of us that enjoy seeing our plaques from years ago. And I know they only promised to show them for x-number of years, but I think this is a win-win for all. Well done Disney!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At least the commercials were good.

Sneak Peek of the celebration from 1998

The theme song for the celebration "Celebrate the future Hand in Hand"

"The Millenian Celebration" (1999) along with the "100 Years Of Magic" (2001) was one of last major celebrations that Walt Disney World actually put effort and went all out.

Because “celebrations” were an Eisner thing...

Upsells are the iger thing.

Scoff if you must...but it’s hard to argue

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm still tempted to enter, ride SSE, do The Land, then leave again straight away while the great unwashed entertains itself with beer & coasters. But at least it will be a pretty flash visit.
Been there, done that. Kind of.

SSE, Land. Showcase at 11 for China, America, France and Canada. Then bail when the unwashed begin to arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom