News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

JohnD

Any idea what this structure is?

View attachment 351559

I was looking for that blue sky image viewing Epcot from the southwest. Don't think it shows this building.

epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, Epcot is looking at a new entrance (loooove), Guardians ride, new exhibit/play area in the WoL building: wow to all of that. Test Track was newly renovated, as was Soarin', and the Seas with Nemo and Friends is not that old. How is Imagination not being touched? It seems like it is the only Future World building still standing. No way it doesn't get love, right?
There are plans, but it will be a while.

Bob Harlem

A new fountain/entrance, a kids play area taking over Wonders, and some demo along with a new experience center (Is the experience center a response to Universal's new park?)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, Epcot is looking at a new entrance (loooove), Guardians ride, new exhibit/play area in the WoL building: wow to all of that. Test Track was newly renovated, as was Soarin', and the Seas with Nemo and Friends is not that old. How is Imagination not being touched? It seems like it is the only Future World building still standing. No way it doesn't get love, right?
It’s in (quite a long) queue

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So I like this on the surface...

They’re moving the graveyard and redoing some
Space as a prelude to a something? Not bad.

Don’t see innoventions “moving” to wonders...that seems like a non-starter.

What of this entry hotel bandied about?

Putting in attraction space down the center? Seems to be the end game?
I’m al for that.

articos

The entry art is (basically) final. There may be tweaks, but it should look as good as it did in the early days. The fountain is not identical, but similar. It’s a great update. It will have lighting effects. This entry plaza shouldn’t take as long as some other projects, even phased. On a personal note, this is a project that makes me pretty happy. It’s a nice throwback to the way Epcot is supposed to look.

Last edited:

trainplane3

The entry art is final. There may be tweaks, but it should look as good as it did in the early days. The fountain is not identical, but similar. It’s a great update. It will have lighting effects. This entry plaza shouldn’t take as long as some other projects, even phased. On a personal note, this is a project that makes me pretty happy. It’s a nice throwback to the way Epcot is supposed to look.
Great to know it'll have lighting effects.

I was actually wondering that. A decent chunk of it is some demo and planter installation. If they start this in the spring, could we be looking at a early 2020 completion or sooner?

RSoxNo1

I can't tell if you're serious, but it's weird how much I like that idea (well, the general idea of moving Small World to Epcot...)
I wish I was serious, I've been barking up the "it's a small world" to Epcot tree for a while.

Please explain how a 'garden' setting to the entrance will bring more to your experience than two new attractions. How long do you spend in the entrance area that this is the 'best news ever'?

I'm not saying you can't be excited, but you're definitely going too far.
You can call it non-linear story telling, you can call it a better aesthetic - either way it will be an improvement for all guests. No, it's not a new attraction, but it's not nothing.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends is the oldest pavilion without a substantial update/change in Future World unless you're counting Finding Dory characters coming to Turtle Talk.

• Imagination Pavilion - Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival debuts 2015, Journey into Imagination reopening 2002
  • Spaceship Earth - Ride update 2008
  • The Land Pavilion - Soarin Around the World debuts 2016
  • Test Track - Ride update 2012
  • Mission: SPACE - Ride update 2017
  • The Seas with Nemo and Friends - Opens 2007, Turtle Talk updated 2016
Despite the attention Future World has received it still feels stale.

jrhwdw

Great to know it'll have lighting effects.

I was actually wondering that. A decent chunk of it is some demo and planter installation. If they start this in the spring, could we be looking at a early 2020 completion or sooner?
Would be nice if they rushed it so its done while we still have Epcot Forever since it's the classic look of the entrance.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I wish I was serious, I've been barking up the "it's a small world" to Epcot tree for a while.

I mean... it makes sense... it's a ride all about global citizenship which is what World Showcase embodies, so placement in Epcot would be appropriate. And removing it (along with the adjoining Village Haus) from Magic Kingdom would clear up a HUGE amount of space (and would open up room to expand further back in that area... possibly creating the appropriate pathway for a path around the Rivers of America). But I'm not sure Disney is at a place where the benefits to moving it would be justified by the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom