News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

Not and remain true to the concept of toys left in the back yards. Can you give me an example because I can't think of anything.

All they had to do was set up more scenes outside that you see as you go by -- the track is mostly surrounded by empty land, so it's not like they didn't have room to work with. They wouldn't even need to be anything super elaborate; just some simple toy AAs (or even stationary figures posed in interesting ways). They did that it with the Jessie and Rex figures in the one loop, so obviously it was possible, but the rest of the ride feels barren. Take the drop after the launch for example -- you're just looking at vacant land and a backstage building. There should be something else to see there.

Or they could have had it go through a tunnel at one point with some kind of scene inside. It's pretty standard for kids to create cardboard tunnels for trains etc.

All the places I marked in red are spots that could/should have additional things to see instead of just vacant land.

1649547623717.png

Ideally they would have designed the ride in a way that would have included other flat rides in some of those places to up the attraction capacity at DHS, but since they didn't do that, they could have at least added more theming on that vacant land.

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

Always wanted to say this but never knew the right way to say it. Thank you for perfectly saying this.
That's kinda hard to do with the amount of money they're asking for such a less experience. It's like driving by a traffic accident and enjoying how the engineers did such a great job on crumple zones. It's still a car wreck.

Vinnie Mac

That's kinda hard to do with the amount of money they're asking for such a less experience. It's like driving by a traffic accident and enjoying how the engineers did such a great job on crumple zones. It's still a car wreck.
Lemme put it like this (and I'll continue with the car wreck analogy): Let's say that you are against modern crumple zones for whatever reason. Instead of appreciating the fact that the car accident could have been much worse had the newer crumple zone not been there, you continue to solely focus on disliking the crumple zone itself rather than the fact that the passengers of said car are still alive BECAUSE of the crumple zone. You just don't want to like the crumple zone because it's new, different, and more up-to-date than what you were familiar with in the past. The car is not going to unwreck itself; the people are alive and more than fine, the crumple zone worked, yet you are still upset because you are against modern crumple zones because in this analogy, you believe that the "old school" crumple zones were better.

If you can somehow make sense of this analogy, you'll see the point I'm getting at.

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

That's interesting because I visit new theme parks every year around the world and I notice all of these little details even if I've never been there before.

Design matters.

Graphics and signage matter.

Architecture matters.

Theme matters.

If not to you, well that's fine. That's why there are County fair carnivals and spinny rides.
I never said any of that didn't matter so you can put the "lowkey insult" card back into your deck. Man some of you need to get a grip lol.

TikibirdLand

Lemme put it like this (and I'll continue with the car wreck analogy): Let's say that you are against modern crumple zones for whatever reason. Instead of appreciating the fact that the car accident could have been much worse had the newer crumple zone not been there, you continue to solely focus on disliking the crumple zone itself rather than the fact that the passengers of said car are still alive BECAUSE of the crumple zone. You just don't want to like the crumple zone because it's new, different, and more up-to-date than what you were familiar with in the past. The car is not going to unwreck itself; the people are alive and more than fine, the crumple zone worked, yet you are still upset because you are against modern crumple zones because in this analogy, you believe that the "old school" crumple zones were better.

If you can somehow make sense of this analogy, you'll see the point I'm getting at.
It's still a car wreck that could have been avoided. Capacity, Capacity, Capacity.
If a trip to WDW has gotten to the point where it’s similar to viewing a car wreck….Probably time to stop going :( I know for me that if I get to the point where I feel anything close to that I will have stopped going already.
We haven't been since 2017. That was when we saw the car swerving into our lane...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We haven't been since 2017. That was when we saw the car swerving into our lane...
Makes sense. Everyone has a breaking point. Mine will come some day too I am sure.

Not in your case, but I do find it ironic when people complain about just about everything but still visit WDW multiple times a year anyway. There’s one guy who literally posted continuously on the Riviera construction threads about how bad the resort looked and how bad it was going to be and then I see the same person talking about their recent stay at Riviera. If you feel that strongly in a negative way about a resort I can’t understand why you would even consider staying there. To each their own I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Centauri Space Station

It's not that Slinky Dog is bad, it's that it you can ride it in dozens of other places around the country. Something like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, while disappointing, at least has a certain level of theming that's beyond what you'd get at most other parks. Slinky has essentially nothing on the actual ride.

Nothing except the train is made to look like Slinky Dog. For it's purpose and location (back yard toy train). What more should it be?
And the animatronic wheezy, character figures, themed giant game sets. It’s better than incredicoaster with its babies on sticks

Bocabear

Makes sense. Everyone has a breaking point. Mine will come some day too I am sure.

Not in your case, but I do find it ironic when people complain about just about everything but still visit WDW multiple times a year anyway. There’s one guy who literally posted continuously on the Riviera construction threads about how bad the resort looked and how bad it was going to be and then I see the same person talking about their recent stay at Riviera. If you feel that strongly in a negative way about a resort I can’t understand why you would even consider staying there. To each their own I guess. 🤷‍♂️
if you are referring to me: We have a group that goes every year... and the group chose Riviera because it was the newest...and yes it does look bad if you are expecting a Disney resort...
Now that I have stayed there, I can say the Grand Villa was immense and very pretty...
The view was great... But it did not look like a Disney resort... The amenities if the property felt very standard for a decent hotel. There was absolutely nothing that made it feel like it had anything to do with The Riviera aside from a couple framed pictures... It could be a Marriott in anytown USA. for a world class Disney resort, it looks pretty meh... When you think the rooms are upwards of a thousand dollars a night, you would be better off staying at the 4 Seasons for a much more luxe experience and nicer amenities.
having skyliner access was nice when it ran but it was frequently shutting down and the changeover station was a cluster I would not choose that resort again... none of us would.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goofyernmost

You all realize you’re debating with someone who believes that if he didn’t personally experience something, it may not have actually happened, so it doesn’t matter, it shouldn’t matter, and can’t understand why it matters to anyone else, right?
Kinda useless words if you don't at least direct a person to the specific statements and thoughts that you are referring to via a quote.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
All they had to do was set up more scenes outside that you see as you go by -- the track is mostly surrounded by empty land, so it's not like they didn't have room to work with. They wouldn't even need to be anything super elaborate; just some simple toy AAs (or even stationary figures posed in interesting ways). They did that it with the Jessie and Rex figures in the one loop, so obviously it was possible, but the rest of the ride feels barren. Take the drop after the launch for example -- you're just looking at vacant land and a backstage building. There should be something else to see there.

Or they could have had it go through a tunnel at one point with some kind of scene inside. It's pretty standard for kids to create cardboard tunnels for trains etc.

All the places I marked in red are spots that could/should have additional things to see instead of just vacant land.

View attachment 632053

Ideally they would have designed the ride in a way that would have included other flat rides in some of those places to up the attraction capacity at DHS, but since they didn't do that, they could have at least added more theming on that vacant land.
Since the land can really only support smallish A-B ticket attractions thanks to the landlocked limitations my armchair goes to ideas like a splash pad (R.C. car wash theme) a ridiculously small carousel (clone?) a Barrel of Monkey's Tilt a Whirl, interactive Green Army Men scavenger hunt... and other lame stuff I can't think of at the moment. Could they do anything with the old Chew Chew Train track?

I'm not even sure if the oft-requested forum armchair of moving TriceraTop Spin as a Trixie-themed one-off would fit somewhere. It's amazing how much real estate they managed to waste.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Since the land can really only support smallish A-B ticket attractions thanks to the landlocked limitations my armchair goes to ideas like a splash pad (R.C. car wash theme) a ridiculously small carousel (clone?) a Barrel of Monkey's Tilt a Whirl, interactive Green Army Men scavenger hunt... and other lame stuff I can't think of at the moment. Could they do anything with the old Chew Chew Train track?

I'm not even sure if the oft-requested forum armchair of moving TriceraTop Spin as a Trixie-themed one-off would fit somewhere. It's amazing how much real estate they managed to waste.
The renovations to mgm were clear to me when I saw them they have ZERO intention of adding anything meaningful to them. The road reconstruction and ski lift were the give away - to me.

They technically have parking lot space…but not really on the backside. It’s intentionally landlocked now.

J4546

View attachment 632053

I think they will slowly add some stuff in the coming years but Im an optimist. And I didnt know there were clones of SDD in other parks? Can someone share the locations please?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think they will slowly add some stuff in the coming years but Im an optimist. And I didnt know there were clones of SDD in other parks? Can someone share the locations please?
Look at the satellite overhead picture. I doubt they’re putting in a e-ticket on world drive, Buena vista or Osceola parkway.

Goofyernmost

We all have a tendency to go off topic from time to time, but really a thread about the "new" entrance to Epcot is now debating DHS's Toy Story Lands aesthetics is a bit much. ;):) Yes, I am guilty of that often but I find that I have participated in this one, head first, I am ashamed and vow to always check the thread title before accidentally becoming involved. So, anyway... what does everyone think about the entrance to Epcot. I think it is spectacular. After the entrance is still up for review.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom