News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why not bring Figment into the world of the Muppets. Maybe then Imagination would get some love. @Thelazer, crazy how rainbows never existed before pride hmmm.
Here's your rainbow connection...
1642197304318.png

markham

View attachment 613992

If only they had a character that's already part of the park and indeed the current festival that's long been associated with rainbows who has a theme song they could pair with this effect rather than shoving in using the Muppets.

Why, it could even fit into an anniversary theme, if there is a current one going on.

Perhaps the Epcot history books are already packed up in the U-Haul for the cross country move.
Sorry this is a little off topic here, but I just saw a new street art installation near me that brought back such fond memories of the rainbow tunnel and how, even after all of the decades that have passed since EPCOT Center first debuted it, people are lining up to experience basically the same thing in the middle of Times Square in 2022. They should really make a new version with modern tech and put it somewhere. God knows Zach loves his color changing lights!

jrhwdw

View attachment 613992

If only they had a character that's already part of the park and indeed the current festival that's long been associated with rainbows who has a theme song they could pair with this effect rather than shoving in using the Muppets.

Why, it could even fit into an anniversary theme, if there is a current one going on.

Perhaps the Epcot history books are already packed up in the U-Haul for the cross country move.
I do see your point a little. However I'm sorry but didn't we all wake up this morning thinking that SSE had nothing planned for the Arts?? Epcot could have continued with that........Must we pick at every thing TDO Does??? At Least Epcot is giving SSE Seasonal Love!

In fact, the more SSE does, the more I want these Lights on the Castle! It would look stunning if placed right!

mightynine

I do see your point a little. However I'm sorry but didn't we all wake up this morning thinking that SSE had nothing planned for the Arts?? Epcot could have continued with that........Must we pick at every thing TDO Does??? At Least Epcot is giving SSE Seasonal Love!
It’s not picking, it’s making an observation that there was an easy EPCOT connection to be made there. Especially with Figment all over the Festival of the Arts that has a rainbow theme.

Lest someone thinks all I do is grump, I like the Muppets. The Rainbow Connection is a great song. After seeing the show, it’s a nice effect. I like when the lights are more subtle.

Last edited:

trainplane3

As I keep repeating over and over again, these lights are the best thing in Epcot right now. I'm glad they haven't felt the need to go all "rave mode" with them. Simple patterns, some restraint, mixed with a little movement do so much more for me. Who ever thought I'd get more feelings from a 3 minute light show then so many other things on property?

The team handling this gets a 10/10 from me.

mightynine

Sorry this is a little off topic here, but I just saw a new street art installation near me that brought back such fond memories of the rainbow tunnel and how, even after all of the decades that have passed since EPCOT Center first debuted it, people are lining up to experience basically the same thing in the middle of Times Square in 2022. They should really make a new version with modern tech and put it somewhere. God knows Zach loves his color changing lights!

That looks neat.

It also looks like I’d hit my head trying to walk through it.

UNCgolf

I love the version they are using. It's my favorite version. More joyful and a great chorus!

For me, the original Kermit version is very poignant and I really love it. It's a beautiful song. The Muppets version just doesn't have the same emotional weight behind it IMO.

That's obviously just personal preference, though. I think the Kermit version would have made me emotional -- this one is still nice and I like the lights but it doesn't affect me the same way.

Cmdr_Crimson

I like that, although I wish they used the Kermit solo version of the song -- I think it's much better.

Very good use of the Spaceship Earth lights. None of the obnoxious gaudy stuff they sometimes do.
It's good ..But, they could have used the Henson Version from The Muppet movie and not the 2011 Whitmire one...At least you can hear the Henson version at Muppetvision in the extended queue area..For spits and giggles mute the track and play this one with the video..

Last edited:

UNCgolf

It's good ..But, they could have used the Henson Version from The Muppet movie and not the 2011 Whitmire one...At least you can hear the Henson version at Muppetvision in the extended queue area..

Yeah, that's the one I mean. That original version of the song is absolutely wonderful.

Again, though, it's personal preference. I'm not suggesting people are wrong to like the other version more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom