News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
66AF43BF-DC50-494E-8D90-C1CAF6DD4F83 (1).jpeg

"The park means a lot to me in that it's something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing, keep plussing and adding to—it's alive. It will be a live, breathing thing that will need changes."

ImperfectPixie

View attachment 590675

"The park means a lot to me in that it's something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing, keep plussing and adding to—it's alive. It will be a live, breathing thing that will need changes."
That's one of the few instances of the LEDs that I DO like...I mentioned that there were a couple in an earlier comment.

Tom Morrow

View attachment 590675

Yes, it does look really good up close. Further away it does look a bit carnival/Vegas-y. It just needs a better balance of the brightness levels.

Tom Morrow

I don't think people realize how dynamic it is. It doesn't just switch on and stay on full blast all night. It's constantly changing, like Tree of Life awakenings but running constantly.

Right, but that also describes this:

Too much constant change + the LEDs blacking out the geodesic pattern = draws comparisons to stuff like this, which Disney should be trying to avoid.

But yeah for clarification I think it looks beautiful up close, again, just needs some tweaks, and maybe a little less dynamic when it's not "performing".

Last edited:

Brenthodge

They turn it off while it runs the show, the back on at the end. Smart choice and an extra "wow" at the end.

No shade... My honest opinion is this show (well, kinda three different shows) is better than Harmonious. And yes, I've seen both in person.
Odd as I’ve yet to see any picture with them visible. Must not read vey clearly.

Brenthodge

Is this what you mean? The fountain at the start of the show is lit and a beam of light can be seen up from it. Then the fountain goes dark while the lights and sometimes narrator take over. Then this is towards the end.
That is indeed. I see no beam. Must not translate into pictures. Glad to hear it’s still there.

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

That is indeed. I see now beam. Must not translate into pictures. Glad to hear it’s still there.
Yeah it's all so lit that it's hard to tell what's going on in photos. Really impressive in person.

There's a definite moment in the music where the fountain lights back up.

There are at least three "shows" they do, and I only remember noticing this in two of em, so it may be you saw photos from the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom