News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Cmdr_Crimson

Will SSEs lighting package be a combination of the installed lights and projections? Or just the lights?
According Zach about the enhanced lighting package..
, “And speaking of night, to complement the design of world celebration our team are beginning work on an enhanced lighting package coming to the exterior of Spaceship Earth that will activate this area of the park like never before. This lighting design will allow us to create custom programming that connects this icon of EPCOT to its surroundings and perfectly encapsulates the parks transformation. Again, taking this symbol of optimism and hope and collaboration across culture and time and really creating a unique evening moment that again will make EPCOT such a defining feature at night.”

Brenthodge

Right??? For the money and effort sunk into these floating monstrosities (pun intended) they could’ve been a long way into building permanent infrastructure that was housed on the existing and even additional islands. Even developing hidden “docks” for things to hide in plain sight during the day. I think the only things that really would need to move on and off would be fireworks barges for easier loading, but even those could be incorporated into the islands somehow and nightly stock be brought out and loaded into the launch tubes

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney gave up on preserving sightlines at Epcot when they allowed the Dolphin and Swan hotels to be built.
And A Tower of Terror to fit the theming In Morocco....
Photo by bioreconstruct
D2XKWXZWwAEk-LN.jpg

jt04

One picture that shows how things have changed.

Yes. You can't climb up on buildings and take pictures with telephoto lenses without drawing attention from Disney security anymore.

On a side note,
I miss Merf's photo essays by the way. They were the best. But I get he couldn't follow the rules here. Sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom