News New Parade: Magic Happens

Phroobar

Why would anyone want the soundtrack to Tragic Happens when you can have the soundtrack to the Pooh for President parade.

SweetDuffy101

One thing i’ve noticed in this parade it lacks a flow that a parade needs and no character voices its just pure soundtrack, The track is good but it shouldn’t be on parade and it lacks the Ability to bring a dramatic transition to the Grand finale Unlike other parades.

Visually it looks good but yeah they kinda overkilled Moana actually the LED unit itself would have been fine. And replace the maui float with a Different Disney IP, The frozen unit dancer costumes has alot going on and just the entire unit itself is just too much maybe if they would have had a connecting floats and make it appear look bigger it would have been amazing bit it really looked cramped and there were just so much going on.

I have a question though How much does Disney parks spend on their parade like the entire amount do they even release it publicly.

Because Dreaming up! Costed at 23 Million Dollars to create. Dreamlights right now would have costed around 60-80 Million Dollars with todays inflation.

brb1006

One thing i’ve noticed in this parade it lacks a flow that a parade needs and no character voices its just pure soundtrack, The track is good but it shouldn’t be on parade and it lacks the Ability to bring a dramatic transition to the Grand finale Unlike other parades.

Visually it looks good but yeah they kinda overkilled Moana actually the LED unit itself would have been fine. And replace the maui float with a Different Disney IP, The frozen unit dancer costumes has alot going on and just the entire unit itself is just too much maybe if they would have had a connecting floats and make it appear look bigger it would have been amazing bit it really looked cramped and there were just so much going on.

I have a question though How much does Disney parks spend on their parade like the entire amount do they even release it publicly.

Because Dreaming up! Costed at 23 Million Dollars to create. Dreamlights right now would have costed around 60-80 Million Dollars with todays inflation.
Now that I think about it, this parade is very notable for not containing any dialogue from the characters.

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t get the music complaints. The catchy opening song only lasts the first float, then each float is just the movies music... then a different finale song ( which is a new move for Disneyland )

Agreed. I was prepared not to like the main music track based on the D23 performance but it works and each track flows nicely from float to float. Paint the Night’s soundtrack still can’t be beat though.

George Lucas on a Bench

I thought there was something "off" and just sort of atrocious about the looks of the performers and after I did several seconds of research and found out it was designed by RuPaul's Drag Race (which I also had to research), I guess I understand now.

magic-happens-parade-preview-01-scaled.jpg

Oy...

Nirya

So I haven't been following this parade in the slightest, to the point where I did not even realize the parade was debuting, but I was in the parks today and decided to stick around for the 6:00 PM showing.

There's a lot I like in the parade. I liked the mix between the newer stuff (giving Moana, Coco, and Frozen 1/2 a float) and the older stuff (the final Sleeping Beauty float is a showstopper), with my personal favorite being SWORD IN THE STONE OUT OF NOWHERE! That's a pull I definitely wasn't expecting from Disney in 2020 when they could have gone with BatB or Mermaid. The opening Mickey float with the costumes was so out there that I couldn't help but like it for the audacity of the entire thing. Similarly, I think the music grew on me as it went, though how much of that was being stuck having to listen to it while the parade was happening I'll never know. Also this show works WAY better at dusk than I would have thought - sometimes with the daytime parades, they have issues at night, but this one almost seems designed for a night run, which makes the fact that it's a daytime parade weird.

On the flip side, boy howdy that Maui float is bad. The Maui itself is pretty awful and unnecessary, and it just felt like too much Moana when the first float is already really good. Could have given that slot to something else (Aladdin/Genie, perhaps?). And for as much as I eventually liked the music, the last section very much felt like a hodgepodge where the opening segments each had their own themes and sections. I swear the entire section from Tiana and Cinderella, to SitS, to Aurora had the same musical backing and was all in the same theme? Felt like they spent a lot of their creative time on the opening half/the final Sleeping Beauty float, and just threw a bunch of half-baked ideas into one section at the end.

Overall, it's a fine parade, but nowhere near some of the fantastic ones we've had prior. I think I like Soundsational better, but that one took a bit to grow on me also.

FigmentForver96

I thought there was something "off" and just sort of atrocious about the looks of the performers and after I did several seconds of research and found out it was designed by RuPaul's Drag Race (which I also had to research), I guess I understand now.

View attachment 453749

Oy...
God I knew there was a reason they were so God awful. It looks like bad drag and just doesn’t fit a Disney parade.

Nothing against drag if that’s your thing, please live your best life.

TP2000

TP2000 beat you to it.
Well, he's always here. I only stop by occasionally when I need to be disgusted.

I'll have you both know I was not on this website all night long because I was glued to the TV watching the shocking Super Tuesday results come in! 🤣

But I will say that @George Lucas on a Bench has a point with his "Oy" comment.

The thing that bugs me with this whole Drag Race aesthetic for a Disneyland parade is that no one smiles. They are all too cool for that, as if they are vamping at the bar trying to get the bartender to notice them since the hot guy two barstools down from them obviously isn't going to.

Seriously kids, would it kill you to smile?!? You're at Disneyland. This is supposed to be fun!
The mouse is smiling, why can't you?

magic-happens-parade-preview-01-scaled-jpg.453749

If you had gone back in time 25 years and told someone that these would be the faces of the parade dancers for a new happy springtime day parade at Disneyland, they would have thought you were either crazy or had come from some horrible alternate future where all happiness was forbidden and moody bitchiness was the only human emotion allowed.

Parade 1.jpg

Parade 2.jpg

Parade 3.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom