News New Parade: Magic Happens

Phroobar

Those are good properties for a future show but “magic” doesn’t really “happen” in them to warrant inclusion in this one. .
Then add Peter Pan, Tangled, Brave, Enchanted, Alice in Wonderland, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Mary Poppins and the Black Cauldron. Add some vintage Mickey shorts like Magician Mickey (1937). There needs to be something to fill those long gaps with more characters on more floats. It seems like a small parade drawn out with bad music.

brb1006

That's a great idea. How about 101 Dalmatians or Lady & the Tramp or Oliver & Company or the Rescuers or Great Mouse Detective? If we are going more modern, where is the Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia floats? Zootopia would have made a great parade all by itself. It seems like there is a lot of dead space in this parade. The floats are smaller than I thought. It needs more floats or cars or groups of performers to make this worthy of Parade of Stars or earlier parades.
If The Great Mouse Detective is ever getting any representation at any of the Disney Parks (especially a parade) then that would be a huge miracle alongside The Rescuers (and it's sequel)! I'm surprised Olivia Flaversham was never seen at any of the Disney Parks (especially in the 80s, when Ratagan and Basil were at the parks).

Come on she's adorable, I'm surprised Disney never created a walkaround version of her. Usually the cute characters are able to make it into the parks (Oliver, Marie, Toulouse, and Berlioz) but for some reason they forgot Olivia. Hopefully Disneyland Paris or Tokyo might think of doing this considering both parks love using Disney's obscure and least known characters of the past.

disneylandcm

Then add Peter Pan, Tangled, Brave, Enchanted, Alice in Wonderland, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Mary Poppins and the Black Cauldron. Add some vintage Mickey shorts like Magician Mickey (1937). There needs to be something to fill those long gaps with more characters on more floats. It seems like a small parade drawn out with bad music.
Those are very appropriate stories to include.

Phroobar

If The Great Mouse Detective is ever getting any representation at any of the Disney Parks (especially a parade) then that would be a huge miracle alongside The Rescuers (and it's sequel)! I'm surprised Olivia Flaversham was never seen at any of the Disney Parks (especially in the 80s, when Ratagan and Basil were at the parks).
I just watched that on Disney+ last night for the first time. I enjoyed it and thought it was better than Oliver & Co but not as good as the Rescuers. I loved Vincent Price's Ratagan. It kind of marks the division between old Disney and new golden age Disney with the Little Mermaid.

brb1006

IMO, this is the worst Disney parade score I’ve ever heard. The parade also felt ridiculously short.
I would have to disagree, it ain't terrible but it's not to the level of catchiness as "Festival Of Fantasy" or "Parade Of Dreams". I've heard worse parade music from Universal Orlando's "SuperStar Parade" or "Light Magic".

brb1006

I just watched that on Disney+ last night for the first time. I enjoyed it and thought it was better than Oliver & Co but not as good as the Rescuers. I loved Vincent Price's Ratagan. It kind of marks the division between old Disney and new golden age Disney with the Little Mermaid.
The opening to that film still breaks my heart though. (I seriously want to give that poor mouse a hug.)

But not to the level as the intro to *sniff* Oliver & Company

RescueTheDay

Wouldn't call them "gaps" as much as they are for traffic, to allow guest to walk across at certain points. Adding more floats won't fill those moments, just increases them like you see in A Christmas Fantasy.

Phroobar

Wouldn't call them "gaps" as much as they are for traffic, to allow guest to walk across at certain points. Adding more floats won't fill those moments, just increases them like you see in A Christmas Fantasy.
Then it is a parade made up of traffic gaps with little substance between the gaps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom