News New Parade: Magic Happens

Donald Dutch

Wow. Those music transitions are rough. In my opinion, Soundsational did a better job with that. Also a bummer that the last four floats use the same soundtrack. Floats however look awesome, except the lead float and the Frozen float. The Frozen float looks so platic-y compared to the one in Paris. And the way they incorporated Sven, the first thing that came to mind was the 'you versus the one she told you not to worry about' meme...

EOLg_k5XUAUZ2Hs
ER0FEbwUwAAGSqf

Paris (photo from @DLPreport) vs. Anaheim (photo from @TouringPlans)...

Mikomike12

Wow. Those music transitions are rough. In my opinion, Soundsational did a better job with that. Also a bummer that the last four floats use the same soundtrack. Floats however look awesome, except the lead float and the Frozen float. The Frozen float looks so platic-y compared to the one in Paris. And the way they incorporated Sven, the first thing that came to mind was the 'you versus the one she told you not to worry about' meme...

EOLg_k5XUAUZ2Hs
ER0FEbwUwAAGSqf

IM CRYING- IS SVEN OK???

disneylandcm

EOLg_k5XUAUZ2Hs
ER0FEbwUwAAGSqf

The Frozen 2 float, as well as Moana, really benefit from darkness. All of the lighting effects are much more visible and lessen the plastic look. Unfortunately, we’ll only get appreciate this during the 6pm shows when the sun goes down early.

TP2000

Love when you can tell someone was never a dancer and tries calling something "low impact"

You obviously haven't seen me Watusi after a second cocktail. High impact!

The only part of the parade I felt lacking was the ending music, the ending is supposed to be the big climax of a parade but the music was very slow and peaceful.. I wish the opening tune was the ending as well

That can be fixed easily, and I'm sure they'll tweak the music on this parade in the weeks ahead. The music seemed a weak point to me, especially for as much hype that was put behind the whole Todrick Hall connection. It didn't seem catchy or toe-tapping or really say much, it was just sort of... there.

I'm remembering the Parade of Stars back in 2000, which debuted to great PR fanfare with a plodding rendition of Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance, like a boring high school graduation but with a good audio system. It lasted about a month and then was swapped out entirely for regular parade music, and the parade improved greatly for that. They also repainted the floats from the gold colored clouds, because it looked like the characters were sitting on a giant pile of chicken McNuggets.

Parades can be changed and improved after they debut, and I'm sure they will tweak Magic Happens.

45parade_disneycharacters2000cb.jpg

Last edited:

brb1006

Well, that was.... a parade at Disneyland.

For all the hype that this was going to be some sort of mind blowing new experience, it didn't really deliver.

But it is a new parade. At Disneyland. With floats and beloved characters. And some street dancers in wacky outfits waving flags and doing low impact choreography. But nothing radically new or unique. No stunts. No special effects. The same music over and over, and the music isn't very catchy. Maybe it would look better at night?

It's a new parade at Disneyland. Basic, nice, but nothing earth shattering or WOOHOOO! worthy.

Sha Blap.

maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah, the parade was decent but a lot of open space between sections. I felt like the parade could at least add some more floats (instead of the entire concept art being the entire parade). Heck, if Sword In The Stone was able to make into the parade. Then maybe some of Disney's lesser known films could make it (if their lucky). I remember Disneyland and Walt Disney World used to sometimes add a newer float into some of their parades. At least the Sword In The Stone got some love.

Shoutout to Merlin and Wart!

Last edited:

Mikomike12

Yeah, the parade was decent but a lot of open space between sections. I felt like the parade could at least add some more floats (instead of the entire concept art being the entire parade) I remember Disneyland and Walt Disney World used to sometimes add a newer float into some of their parades. At least the Sword In The Stone got some love.

Shoutout to Merlin and Wart!
the flow in this video gives the parade justice

brb1006

TP2000

The Frozen 2 float, as well as Moana, really benefit from darkness. All of the lighting effects are much more visible and lessen the plastic look. Unfortunately, we’ll only get appreciate this during the 6pm shows when the sun goes down early.

That's a shame, especially because Daylight Saving time begins next Sunday. So we probably won't see this parade at night until next November.

brb1006

It needs something like the dragon in festival of fantasy or Peter and Wendy flying in Dreaming Up
Heck, even add more floats to some Disney Animated Films that hardly get represented at the parks (1960s and 1970s era). It could be Robin Hood, Aristocats, or even Robin Hood (Maid Marian needs to return!) for example. Sure those films were made during an era when Disney wasn't at it's best (and don't fit the "Magic Theming"). But if Sword In The Stone is able to make it into a modern Disney parade. Then so should those films, seriously who expected Sword In The Stone to actually get some representation at Disneyland in 2020?

Last edited:

Phroobar

Heck, even add more floats to some Disney Animated Films that hardly get represented at the parks (1960s and 1970s era). It could be Robin Hood, Aristocats, or even Robin Hood for example. Sure those films were made during an era when Disney wasn't at it's best. But if Sword In The Stone is able to make it into a modern Disney parade. Then so should some of those films, seriously who expected Sword In The Stone to actually get represntation at Disneyland in 2020?
That's a great idea. How about 101 Dalmatians or Lady & the Tramp or Oliver & Company or the Rescuers or Great Mouse Detective? If we are going more modern, where is the Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia floats? Zootopia would have made a great parade all by itself. It seems like there is a lot of dead space in this parade. The floats are smaller than I thought. It needs more floats or cars or groups of performers to make this worthy of Parade of Stars or earlier parades.

disneylandcm

That's a great idea. How about 101 Dalmatians or Lady & the Tramp or Oliver & Company or the Rescuers or Great Mouse Detective? If we are going more modern, where is the Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia floats? Zootopia would have made a great parade all by itself. It seems like there is a lot of dead space in this parade. The floats are smaller than I thought. It needs more floats or cars or groups of performers to make this worthy of Parade of Stars or earlier parades.
Those are good properties for a future show but “magic” doesn’t really “happen” in them to warrant inclusion in this one. .

brb1006

Those are good properties for a future show but “magic” doesn’t really “happen” in them to warrant inclusion in this one. .
Don't care if it doesn't fit the "magic theme" at least it would make the parade feel a bit longer. I'm not sure which parade is currently the shortest (not counting the nighttime parade PTN) Festival of Fantasy or Magic Happens. Ah well, there's always WDW's 50th Anniversary, if we're lucky enough to get a new parade in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom