News New Parade: Magic Happens

Figments Friend

Now the Lion King Celebration parade(1994-1997) was a great parade. It's so popular that it is still being run at DAK as a show. I guess that doesn't say much for DAK that they are still running a recycled and repurposed parade from more than twenty years ago.

1180w-600h_TDID-the-lion-king-celebration-disneyland-780x440.jpg

But recycling is good for the environment, and DAK can totally get behind that message.

😁

-

iMax

Im starved for a new, good parade.
As are many WDW fans lol.

I know this is a Disneyland thread but I need to rant for a second...

You know what was a good parade? Spectromagic.

You know what TDO should have properly kept up to par? Spectromagic

You know what I miss so much? Spectromagic

Also remember how WDW had a parade in every park? Bring back a parade (specifically the Stars & Motorcars Parade) to Studios and I'll never leave that park

*Fast forward 10 years...*

•We got FOF, I mean it's good but, getting past its time, the parade's only saving grace at this point is Maleficent.

•It's been 3 & 1/2 years since a night parade rolled through MK and we HOPEFULLY will get one next year.

•PTN, A BRAND NEW PARADE, probably has less performances in its Disneyland Park tenure than the MSEP has had since its 2017 return. (not true but very exaggerated)

•Disneyland is about to get a brand new parade that will probably run until 2030

•PTN might make its even numbered year return

•WDW is still a train wreck.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.

TP2000

Every time I read this thread, I’m reminded that I’m not a parade person.

Oh my gosh, neither am I! I will watch about four minutes of this parade sometime later this spring, over the tops of the heads of dutiful tourists and AP's lined along the curbs of Main Street USA. And then I won't need to see it ever again.

My apologies to my friends here who are Parade People, but I have to be me.

Also remember how WDW had a parade in every park? Bring back a parade (specifically the Stars & Motorcars Parade) to Studios and I'll never leave that park

•We got FOF, I mean it's good but, getting past its time, the parade's only saving grace at this point is Maleficent.

•It's been 3 & 1/2 years since a night parade rolled through MK and we HOPEFULLY will get one next year.

•PTN, A BRAND NEW PARADE, probably has less performances in its Disneyland Park tenure than the MSEP has had since its 2017 return. (not true but very exaggerated)

•Disneyland is about to get a brand new parade that will probably run until 2030

I loved that! One of the best TED Talks I've seen in recent years, with some very valid points. Thank you for sharing!

brb1006

Let's poor one out for the only electrical parade that was actually built exclusively for Walt Disney World. The parade still looked in good shape in 2010 as it was a 19 years old at the time.

brb1006

Oh my gosh, neither am I! I will watch about four minutes of this parade sometime later this spring, over the tops of the heads of dutiful tourists and AP's lined along the curbs of Main Street USA. And then I won't need to see it ever again.

My apologies to my friends here who are Parade People, but I have to be me.
And I respect your opinion, parades aren't for everyone. But it holds a special place in visitors hearts especially for longtime WDW fans (especially when it's a nighttime parade).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom