News New Parade: Magic Happens

72740B9F-7DAE-41A6-8E69-5263BD65FC0B.png

brb1006

There's a podcast called D23 Inside Disney when they have a special guest the Disney Live Entertainment Show Director Jordan Peterson to talk about Magic Happens Parade. And I just tweet a question for that. My question is what makes you decide to include Sword In the Stone in the parade? I'm surprised they picked my question and hears his answer. I hope I got it right.

Jordan Peterson: So, including The Sword In The Stone was actually one of the first stories that we agreed upon. When we sat down and we talk about one of those moments that makes us designers love Disney and wanted to be part of the magic. That was pretty much unanimous across the board. Not only was it one of our favorites, it’s also important to the park. The Sword In The Stone is been such a cool aspect of Disney’s story, Disneyland and Disney World. So, it felt like it belong. It will be right at home. We describe it as a love letter to Disneyland and specifically to these fans. It felt like a float that deserve to be seen by the people who come to Disneyland and it felt like it will be appreciated. And I’ll say we do, you know, pay attention online we do watch, you know, as we see people’s feedback come back, and the joy that I think the inclusion of The Sword In The Stone has brought has validated us and made us feel really great, because truly everyone is really excited about that aspect as our way.

Amazing! Bravo to him and the creative team. 😍
As I said before, I'm so glad this parade is finally giving at least some love to Disney's lesser-known films of the 60s and 70s.

Phroobar

Now the Lion King Celebration parade(1994-1997) was a great parade. It's so popular that it is still being run at DAK as a show. I guess that doesn't say much for DAK that they are still running a recycled and repurposed parade from more than twenty years ago.

1180w-600h_TDID-the-lion-king-celebration-disneyland-780x440.jpg

180º

Now the Lion King Celebration parade(1994-1997) was a great parade. It's so popular that it is still being run at DAK as a show. I guess that doesn't say much for DAK that they are still running a recycled and repurposed parade from more than twenty years ago.

1180w-600h_TDID-the-lion-king-celebration-disneyland-780x440.jpg
How do you simultaneously praise a 25-year old parade and backhand WDW for the same thing in the same comment? We're still running Fantasmic! which is just as old, because it's good. So is FOTLK. Also Walt forbid we get excited about a new parade. You only starve at the buffet of life if you complain about all the dishes. ;)

Phroobar

How do you simultaneously praise a 25-year old parade and backhand WDW for the same thing in the same comment? We're still running Fantasmic! which is just as old, because it's good. So is FOTLK. Also Walt forbid we get excited about a new parade. You only starve at the buffet of life if you complain about all the dishes. ;)
Because they took an old well done parade and turned it into a show to give DAK an additional attraction. That is being cheap. Fantasmic was always a show.

Walt forbid that we criticize a new parade for being uninspired and more the same.

180º

Because they took an old well done parade and turned it into a show to give DAK an additional attraction. That is being cheap. Fantasmic was always a show.

Walt forbid that we criticize a new parade for being uninspired and more the same.
Lion King Celebration may have been well done, but a park-wide parade dedicated to a single IP should not have a long run. It is much more appropriate in its self-contained venue at Animal Kingdom.

What about Magic Happens is uninspired and more of the same?

Phroobar

Lion King Celebration may have been well done, but a park-wide parade dedicated to a single IP should not have a long run. It is much more appropriate in its self-contained venue at Animal Kingdom.
Animal Kingdom desired something better. If it was a opening placeholder, it should have been replaced by now.

What about Magic Happens is uninspired and more of the same?
I think I've clearly stated that in this thread.

disneyC97

Animal Kingdom desired something better. If it was a opening placeholder, it should have been replaced by now.

Have you seen it? It's probably the best theme park show at WDW (I know a relatively low bar)...it's one of the few there that have deservedly lasted a long time. Yes they utilize four of the Disneyland floats within the show but they're a plus not the center of the performance.

180º

Fantasmic was also meant to be temporary. Both great shows, both deserve to stay. FOTLK recently got the permanent venue and real estate it deserves.

Went back and read your comments. I agree that yet another Frozen float tiresome. The finale being princess-focused is definitely a lot—Really the only non-princess unit is Coco. It doesn’t really bother me though, because it all looks like rather nice. Maybe we can hope for additions later on similar to what we got for PTN and Pixar Play Parade.

Phroobar

Fantasmic was also meant to be temporary. Both great shows, both deserve to stay. FOTLK recently got the permanent venue and real estate it deserves.

Went back and read your comments. I agree that yet another Frozen float tiresome. The finale being princess-focused is definitely a lot—Really the only non-princess unit is Coco. It doesn’t really bother me though, because it all looks like rather nice. Maybe we can hope for additions later on similar to what we got for PTN and Pixar Play Parade.
I agree. I hope it does get additions. It's very meh right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom