New Parade for Magic Kingdom

meeko_33785

Original Poster
I've been working on a new parade for the Magic Kingdom and came up with a "It all Started with a Mouse" theme since Mickey will be celebrating his 75th anniversary year. I'm still pretty much in the brainstorming segment of planning now so it's pretty rough, but I thought I would post it here to see what everyone thought.

Unit One- Mickey's Premiere: The float is set up as a movie premiere for a Mickey Mouse short. Chip and Dale are on the float dressed in black top hats and bow ties chuckelling to themselves on how much fun they're having. In front of them, elegantly dressed movie patrons in 1920s/ 1930s fashions walk down the street. Cruella schmoozes the crowd while Horase and Jasoer lug a suspicious looking sack around. A police car follows them.

Unit Two- Mickey's Orchistra: A small float with a statue of Mickey directing an orchestra comes next. Behind him, a group of Disney characters carryign musical instruments play to his beat including Baloo on the Trombone, Genie on the Trumpet, Stitch on the Saxaphone, and Claribell Cow on the flute. Behind them, a larger float is situated with Donald and Daisy playing the drums and xylaphone together. Behind them, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet dance to the music.

Unit Three- Thru the Mirror: Four Playing cards lead the way for this float based on the Mickey Short. On the float, more cards dance around a statue of Mickey dancing while more cards make a giant arch around the float. The Queen of Hearts stands on the back of the float barking orders to Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit who walk behind her. Behind them the Three Little Pigs are chased by the Big Bad Wolf.

Unit Four- Fantasia: A group of dancing brooms carrying water buckets signal the arrival of the Fantasia float, which has at it's center a statue of Mickey holding on to a giant book being whirled in a whirlpool. Around him giant waves crash up around him, giving the float an aquatic theme. Ariel sits on a wave on the float's rear and a giant Monstro also swims behind the float, with Geppetto and Pinocchio nearby.

Unit Five- Brave Little Tailor: Court Dancers waltz up the route in front of this float, which features a large hill with a gazebo on top with statues of Mickey and Princess Minnie on top. Around back of the hill lies the sleeping Giant and on the front, classic couples Cinerella and Prince Charming, Belle and the Beast, and Snow White and her Prince are seranaded by the Magic Harp. The Seven Dwarfs march behind them.

Unit Six- Mickey Mouse Club: A group of preformers in Mousekateer outfits dance in front of this unit based on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Goofy and Max in Mousekateer outfits (complete with ears) ride on the float with 2 other Mousekateers. Behind them, Brer Bear, Meeko, Timon, and Wendle Bear march along also in Mousekateer shirts and hats.

Unit Seven- Finale: Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto in their formal best stand atop a giant birthday cake. Aladdin and Jasmine, Mary Poppins and Mr. Penguin, Peter Pan and Wendy, and Mulan and Shang march in front of them.

Well, it's rough, but it's a start. What do you all think?

imagineer boy

Originally posted by meeko_33785
I've been working on a new parade for the Magic Kingdom and came up with a "It all Started with a Mouse" theme since Mickey will be celebrating his 75th anniversary year. I'm still pretty much in the brainstorming segment of planning now so it's pretty rough, but I thought I would post it here to see what everyone thought.

Unit One- Mickey's Premiere: The float is set up as a movie premiere for a Mickey Mouse short. Chip and Dale are on the float dressed in black top hats and bow ties chuckelling to themselves on how much fun they're having. In front of them, elegantly dressed movie patrons in 1920s/ 1930s fashions walk down the street. Cruella schmoozes the crowd while Horase and Jasoer lug a suspicious looking sack around. A police car follows them.

Unit Two- Mickey's Orchistra: A small float with a statue of Mickey directing an orchestra comes next. Behind him, a group of Disney characters carryign musical instruments play to his beat including Baloo on the Trombone, Genie on the Trumpet, Stitch on the Saxaphone, and Claribell Cow on the flute. Behind them, a larger float is situated with Donald and Daisy playing the drums and xylaphone together. Behind them, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet dance to the music.

Unit Three- Thru the Mirror: Four Playing cards lead the way for this float based on the Mickey Short. On the float, more cards dance around a statue of Mickey dancing while more cards make a giant arch around the float. The Queen of Hearts stands on the back of the float barking orders to Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit who walk behind her. Behind them the Three Little Pigs are chased by the Big Bad Wolf.

Unit Four- Fantasia: A group of dancing brooms carrying water buckets signal the arrival of the Fantasia float, which has at it's center a statue of Mickey holding on to a giant book being whirled in a whirlpool. Around him giant waves crash up around him, giving the float an aquatic theme. Ariel sits on a wave on the float's rear and a giant Monstro also swims behind the float, with Geppetto and Pinocchio nearby.

Unit Five- Brave Little Tailor: Court Dancers waltz up the route in front of this float, which features a large hill with a gazebo on top with statues of Mickey and Princess Minnie on top. Around back of the hill lies the sleeping Giant and on the front, classic couples Cinerella and Prince Charming, Belle and the Beast, and Snow White and her Prince are seranaded by the Magic Harp. The Seven Dwarfs march behind them.

Unit Six- Mickey Mouse Club: A group of preformers in Mousekateer outfits dance in front of this unit based on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Goofy and Max in Mousekateer outfits (complete with ears) ride on the float with 2 other Mousekateers. Behind them, Brer Bear, Meeko, Timon, and Wendle Bear march along also in Mousekateer shirts and hats.

Unit Seven- Finale: Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto in their formal best stand atop a giant birthday cake. Aladdin and Jasmine, Mary Poppins and Mr. Penguin, Peter Pan and Wendy, and Mulan and Shang march in front of them.

Well, it's rough, but it's a start. What do you all think?

Wow! That's the best parade idea I've ever heard from you meeko. Although, I don't like Micke statues all over the place. How about for the Concert, all of the characters are playing by themselves. I don't know. That's just me. For mickey's costume at the end of the parade, how about him wearing his House of Mouse outfit. I'm really tired of his current costume.

Great ideas! Maybe a few more floats and it will be great. Keep workin on it!:wave:

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Just a few minnor changes/ additions. At the end of the parade, there will now be some dancers carying birthday gifts for Mickey behind his float. Also, Yen Sid has been added to the Fantasia float, as have dancers in water-themed cotumes.

As for the statues, I think they should work fine. I mean, they have character statues in Share A Dream Come True and had a number of them in the 100 Years of Magic Parade at Tokyo. I think this will work.

Mickey's costume hasn't been decided yet, but it's looking like it will be either something dressy (top hat, black tie, and tails) or something festive (colorful outfit and party hat). Don't really like the House of Mouse outfit personally, so I don't think it will be included in the parade.

Thanks for the feedback though. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom